My Penn State bias

I've seen a lot of Tony Hunt. He pushed the pile but his biggest successes seemed to be on draws rather than slamming the ball. That may be an effect of PSU's line and offense, we'll see. My issues with Hunt are/were:

1. He's painfully slow. I don't care what he ran in shorts, on the field he's a slug. He had many opportunities for big plays at PSU but never got them because he couldn't get away from defenders at the college level and one of PSU's major problems this season was they had no big play potential running the ball w/o Micheal Robinson and Austin Scott. i don't see that improving. In contrast, Larry Johnson frequently ran away from people at PSU.

2. he has a penchant for putting the ball down quite a bit. I don't have the exact totals but it sure felt like he fumbled a lot.

I've seen a lot of Tony Hunt. He pushed the pile but his biggest successes seemed to be on draws rather than slamming the ball. That may be an effect of PSU's line and offense, we'll see. My issues with Hunt are/were:

1. He's painfully slow. I don't care what he ran in shorts, on the field he's a slug. He had many opportunities for big plays at PSU but never got them because he couldn't get away from defenders at the college level and one of PSU's major problems this season was they had no big play potential running the ball w/o Micheal Robinson and Austin Scott. i don't see that improving. In contrast, Larry Johnson frequently ran away from people at PSU.

2. he has a penchant for putting the ball down quite a bit. I don't have the exact totals but it sure felt like he fumbled a lot.

This is true. Also, coming from a Syracuse fan that has to watch Penn State because of where I live (It's the only thing on), Poz did not look good this year. The ONLY way I would take Poz is to have him on the outside...He looked like Jon Vilma this year, just completely lost. Sure, he ended up with a boatload of tackles, but how many of them were 5 yards downfield.

Maybe Marv will get some inside information from Joe Paterno at the seniors early bird breakfast special. My view of Posluzny is that he regressed a bit last year with the move to ILB and coming off the injury. I am a huge fan of Tony Hunt, although I think #43 overall for him is a bit too high for him. I see Hunt as the 6th rated RB 1. A. Peterson 2. Marshawn Lynch 3. Micheal Bush 4. Kenny Irons 5. Chris henry 6. Tony Hunt

I also saw every PSU game this year, and I've been wanting the Bills to take Poz and Hunt. Poz is a tireless worker who just knows how to play. At the beginning of the year, he really looked shaky and even slow at times. That all changed in the second half where he became the best defensive player in the country. I think he would be an excellent pick, even at #12.

As far as Hunt, I really like him a lot, but he's a mid-to late second rounder. I would not like the Bills to take him with their early 2nd rounder, but if they could trade into the second round later to pick him, I would be eccstatic. Some things that Hunt does well that others have not pointed out:

1. Great out of the backfield. He was almost as valuable as a reciever as he was a running back.

2. Patience- he is one of the most patient backs I've ever seen. At the same time, he's always moving forward; it's really interesting to watch him run. When he's on, he's almost unstoppable.

3. He is one of the best blocking backs I've ever seen. He's up there with Emmitt Smith, and that's saying something.

4. Never goes down after the first hit. His feet are always moving.

Some bad:

1. He can start slow. Due to his patience, he waits and waits for a hole. When the D is fresh, and those holes arn't there, he'll just sort of go in slo mo behind the line.

2. He does fumble some becasue he is always trying to break the tackle. In the NFL, this could become a problem.

3. No breakaway speed, but I'd rather have a back that goes four and five yards every carry than one that goes for zero half the time, but may break off a thirty yarder.

Good and bad:

1. He is extremely physical. He always initiates contact, and often runs guys over. This is usually good, but sometimes injuries follow this style.

The Senator must have missed this thread. He's the President...er...Senator of the "Draft Posluszny" club.

I'll take PSU (and Ohio State) players anyday.

Oh hey, I just love sayin' it...

Posluszny!!!! :lol:

Sound like a Polish drinking toast, no? We'll all be watchin' the game at Peter K's on Harlem Road, and clinking our beer mugs together yellin'...

Posluszny!!!! :lol:

I also saw every PSU game this year, and I've been wanting the Bills to take Poz and Hunt. Poz is a tireless worker who just knows how to play. At the beginning of the year, he really looked shaky and even slow at times. That all changed in the second half where he became the best defensive player in the country. I think he would be an excellent pick, even at #12.

Was he used as a blitzer from time to time? If so, was he an effective in that?...just curious.