Is Marshawn Lynch a product of a good system?

I'll admit I've only seen Lynch play twice and I only saw JJ Arrington play twice as well, but I'm wondering how much of Lynch's production was a product of Jeff Tedford's offense.

Over the past four years, RBs at Cal have had a lot of success. JJ Arrington churned out a 2000 yard season two years ago. Some dude named Adimchinobe Echemandu (7th round pick with 25 career yards in 3 years) ran for 1200 a few years back. Lynch's backup (Justin Forsett) ran for 1000 in addition to Lynch's 1200 in 2005.

JJ Arrington was the hot pick to be the sleeper of the 2005 draft. He was projected by some to be a late 1st rounder and was hailed as a steal in the mid-2nd. Last year he had 14 carries...(less than Marcel Shipp)...while serving as backup up Edge.

I think Lynch looks pretty sweet and he was impressive in the games I saw of him this year...but I am a bit leary. Anyone else with more exposure to Lynch (or not) who has some insight? Something to think about at least...

Lynch has the power, speed, vision, cut back ability, receiving ability to be a franchise caliber back. The one area that worries me about lynch is his running style. He's a very upright runner, and I can just see him at the next level taking hits that will cause him to spend a good amount of time out injured.

ive always been VERY wary of all this Lynch hype. i am not sold at all on players from Cal. WEEEEEEAK conference.

If we get him ill cheer for him as hard as any other Bill. but right now im pretty skeptical...

Would this include ex-Cal O-lineman Langston Walker ? Hope L.S.I. isn't in the house !

I think the Pac-10 produces a lot more pros and isn't as weak as is the perception. I know they are not in the same league as the SEC but it would be interesting to see how many pros are from which conference. I think they compare very favorably with the Big 12 and the Big 10(1). Someone with more time, patience and less kids, could check that out.

Would this include ex-Cal O-lineman Langston Walker ? Hope L.S.I. isn't in the house !

I think the Pac-10 produces a lot more pros and isn't as weak as is the perception. I know they are not in the same league as the SEC but it would be interesting to see how many pros are from which conference. I think they compare very favorably with the Big 12 and the Big 10(1). Someone with more time, patience and less kids, could check that out.

lol, i was thinking of langston as i was typing that, but big boys that can push people around can be found anywhere. SKILL POSITION guys are another thing.

i wont go so far as to completely discount a player based on their College Conference. But i am wary of all the hype around him. and like i said, if we DO decide to grab him i wont be upset. the one thing im certain of is that Marv knows better than i do...