Enough with the McGahee was a bad blocker

Yes, he missed a key block early vs. the Jets last year, but after that, he was very solid in that department the rest of the year. Believe me, we could have done a lot worse guys. Many backs are bad and unwilling blockers around the league. As I said, I am on board with the trade but some of you people are in for a rude awakening when it comes to finding a RB with good pass blocking ability. Anyways, say whatever about the rest of his game but give it a rest about him not picking up the blitz.

Yes, he missed a key block early vs. the Jets last year, but after that, he was very solid in that department the rest of the year. Believe me, we could have done a lot worse guys. Many backs are bad and unwilling blockers around the league. As I said, I am on board with the trade but some of you people are in for a rude awakening when it comes to finding a RB with good pass blocking ability. Anyways, say whatever about the rest of his game but give it a rest about him not picking up the blitz.

Like many others...I couldn't figure out why Mularkey kept McGahee out on third downs the previous year (his lack of blocking). McGahee doesn't need to be a great blocker....just a decent one (which he is not).

The bottom line for Fairchild is that it is hard to fool the defense when you can't have your main RB in on third down because he misses blocks. You're better off with a more complete back (receiver, blocker & runner).

This trade makes alot of sense for the Bills offense.

I agree with you.

One of the interesting things about the trade is that WM was traded to the Ravens. I remember when we played the Ravens, people were bitching and moaning about how many yards WM had in that game. I remember posting that the Ravens' game plan (just like those of many of our opponents in 2006) pure and simple was to stop WM. On many plays, the Ravens had only 3 defensive backs.

In most of the games that we have played the past few years, opposing defenses had 8 or 9 men in the box specifically to try to stop our running game. Unfortunately, we did not make opposing defenses pay as often as we should have with our passing game.

It is going to be very interesting to see what happens if we do not have a running game that opposing defenses respect. I really hope that the Bills have a plan to bring in an RB that opposing defenses respect -- otherwise JP is going to have an up hill battle.