Still wouldn't necessarily go RB in First Round

I firmly believe that we will be signing one of those veteran RBs "of interest" (Brown, Rhodes, Dillon) and I think we can do a RB by committe fairly well with A-Train (assuming he is back). If there is an early run on defensive players before we pick, then I'm not saying skip Lynch for no reason. But here is my thinking:

This is not an especially strong year for top talent RBs. While I think AP is going to be an absolute monster, his combine all but assured him a top 4 selection. I'm not in love with Lynch, but I wouldn't be upset to have him. I think that we could take a RB in the first round of NEXT year's draft and not lose out on too much production. A few teams proved this year that rookie RBs can contribute very well when used in tandem with a veteran. I think I would rather pickup a Leon Hall or Okoye, etc. and let them learn the ropes this year. I think they would have a longer learning curve than a RB and would not be of significant value until 2008 anyway.

I'd say grab one of them this year and a RB next year and far better team value than a RB this year and a defender (if necessary) next year.

JMO....

I firmly believe that we will be signing one of those veteran RBs "of interest" (Brown, Rhodes, Dillon) and I think we can do a RB by committe fairly well with A-Train (assuming he is back). If there is an early run on defensive players before we pick, then I'm not saying skip Lynch for no reason. But here is my thinking:

This is not an especially strong year for top talent RBs. While I think AP is going to be an absolute monster, his combine all but assured him a top 4 selection. I'm not in love with Lynch, but I wouldn't be upset to have him. I think that we could take a RB in the first round of NEXT year's draft and not lose out on too much production. A few teams proved this year that rookie RBs can contribute very well when used in tandem with a veteran. I think I would rather pickup a Leon Hall or Okoye, etc. and let them learn the ropes this year. I think they would have a longer learning curve than a RB and would not be of significant value until 2008 anyway.

I'd say grab one of them this year and a RB next year and far better team value than a RB this year and a defender (if necessary) next year.

JMO....

My bet is on a RB in the second rouond. There are two guys that I think could be really good. Michael Bush and Chris Henry are very interesting stories. And who can deny the parallel between Michael Bush and Thurman Thomas??!! I doubt that has been lost on Marv. Darius Walker is also kind of intersting as well.