I don't get the trade Willis talk?

I am not a McGahee fan, but I agree with this. Unless they have some brilliant additional move planned, I don't see how this is going to give the Bills a better run game.

About a month ago I read/heard something from Rosenhous where he stated that the Bills and Willis were working on an extension. Then a few weeks later we see that the Bills are looking to move him. Putting two and two together here I'd guess that Willis was asking more than the Bills thought he was worth and decided to get something for him now instead of letting him walk next year for nothing or paying more than they would like for an average back.

Willis isn't a bad runner but he won't be difficult to replace.

I can understand saying that Toronto is a nicer city but saying the Bills should move makes me not want to see this 3 year old ever play another down for the Bills and I DO BELIEVE that it does factor in to the decision that Marv and Co are making which is to trade his clueless a$$. Oh yeah, not remembering plays called on the field might be another reason.

The goal isn't to make the playoffs-it's to win the Super Bowl. So if we don't yet have all the pieces to win the SB (It took Kelly 5 years to get to the SB, JP is in year 4) then instead of just making the playoffs next year & getting nothing for McGahee, we replace him & possibly do the same without him plus add a player who might be a piece of the Super Bowl puzzle in 2008.

there is currently no RB option available that compares to a highly motivated mcgahee. with the revamped line and millions of dollars at stake, if healthy, i don't see any reason to believe that he wouldn't reach 1400 yds. and, if he were to reach that number, we could easily franchise him and trade him for a second or third next year. or, we could keep him under the franchise tag in 2008. again, he would be highly motivated playing on a one-year contract.

the "cancer" talk is overblown. while i think mcgahee is an idiot, he has talent that we can not afford to just fritter away.

with the financial obstacles this team has, they need to squeeze every last bit of value out of their assets. taking advantage of the franchise tag is one way to do it.

it's said that the bills feared clements holding out last preseason if we didn't waive our right to franchise him this year. that decision cost us a draft pick or two.

after wandering in the desert for a decade, i'm happy to set realistic goals like playoffs rather than the super bowl for now. let's talk super bowl once we reach the playoffs.

Maybe it's the inflated head and deflated average yards per carry that's the culprit.

we all agree that the line has sucked for a long time, so i think that the yards per carry is a bit misleading.

as for the inflated head, that works to our advantage this year. his motivation in a contract year to prove he is the best RB in the league is the key reason to keep him around this season.

there is currently no RB option available that compares to a highly motivated mcgahee. with the revamped line and millions of dollars at stake, if healthy, i don't see any reason to believe that he wouldn't reach 1400 yds. and, if he were to reach that number, we could easily franchise him and trade him for a second or third next year. or, we could keep him under the franchise tag in 2008. again, he would be highly motivated playing on a one-year contract.

the "cancer" talk is overblown. while i think mcgahee is an idiot, he has talent that we can not afford to just fritter away.

with the financial obstacles this team has, they need to squeeze every last bit of value out of their assets. taking advantage of the franchise tag is one way to do it.

it's said that the bills feared clements holding out last preseason if we didn't waive our right to franchise him this year. that decision cost us a draft pick or two.

after wandering in the desert for a decade, i'm happy to set realistic goals like playoffs rather than the super bowl for now. let's talk super bowl once we reach the playoffs.

The Bills have two choices:

1. get a first day draft pick who will be happy to play for the Bills for the next four years

2. put a gun to McGahee's head to make him play for a team that he clearly despises

It's not a hard decision even for the most ardent Willis McGahee fan. It looks like thankfully for both him and many fans on this board, McGahee's played his last down as a Buffalo Bill.

we all agree that the line has sucked for a long time, so i think that the yards per carry is a bit misleading.

as for the inflated head, that works to our advantage this year. his motivation in a contract year to prove he is the best RB in the league is the key reason to keep him around this season.

Sorry but "we" all don't agree that his poor yards per carry was only the offensive line's fault. I certainly don't. I know it sounds crazy but if Willis had actually shed a tackle every now and then or hit the hole instead of dance, he'd have had a much better average per carry and the line wouldn't have been disparaged. Even his agent was trashing them recently, unbelievable. They're both a couple of knuckleheads.

The Bills have two choices:

1. get a first day draft pick who will be happy to play for the Bills for the next four years

2. put a gun to McGahee's head to make him play for a team that he clearly despises

It's not a hard decision even for the most ardent Willis McGahee fan. It looks like thankfully for both him and many fans on this board, McGahee's played his last down as a Bufalo Bill.

willis was a first day draft pick, and he hasn't been happy playing for the bills the last four years.

while not a big fan of willis, i am a realist. i don't see our running back situation improving with brown/rhodes. i could deal with dillon as a short term solution, but wouldn't want him signed to a significant contract.

i couldn't care less if willis despises the bills. maybe he'll unleash that anger on our opponents. if he pouts his way to a crappy season, it will cost him plenty of cash so i don't see it happening.

Sorry but "we" all don't agree that his poor yards per carry was only the offensive line's fault. I certainly don't. I know it sounds crazy but if Willis had actually shed a tackle every now and then or hit the hole instead of dance, he'd have had a much better average per carry and the line wouldn't have been disparaged. Even his agent was trashing them recently, unbelievable. They're both a couple of knuckleheads.

you are obviously missing my point. yes, willis could have shed a few more blocks. yes, he is a knucklehead. yes, it is not all on the line. but that is in the past.

this upcoming season, playing for a long-term deal, with an improved offensive line, chances are quite good that willis can have a monster year and lift our offense into the upper echelon of the league.

sure, we can get a low 2nd round pick for him this year. or . . . next year. the value of having a 2nd rounder in the fold one year earlier does not seem equal to the value willis can bring to the team this year.

I am sorry, I just don't get all of the trade Willis talk?

So he said the Bills should be in Toronto, outside of Buffalo most of the country would probably agree with him. I would hate to see it, but lets face it no one wants to hear an NFL owner talk about being poor. But all of that is another topic. We have seen Willis excell the way he did in his 1st year back and in small batches since, usually when he has something to prove. He now has a line and the possibility of doing it again and something to prove. trading him, and his below average salary, to pick up someone else's garbage does not make sense. if these guys were good they wouldn't be available, I'm sorry A list running backs are still not mid-level cap casualties in the NFL.

In little letters:

TEAM CONCEPT