McGahee trade

I am glad to see that all this hype about McGahee getting out of Buffalo for better money is coming to a halt!!! Ralph and Marv would be crazy to even think about letting him go at this point. Make him run his last year!!! He needs to earn what he thinks he is worth. He has a hot shot successful agent in Rosenhaus and if he was representing Willis appropriately he'd tell him to run until he could run no more and play the market next.

If I were Willis acknowledging the additions to the O line I'd be psyched. Sometimes greed and an ego leave little room for common sense

I am glad to see that all this hype about McGahee getting out of Buffalo for better money is coming to a halt!!! Ralph and Marv would be crazy to even think about letting him go at this point. Make him run his last year!!! He needs to earn what he thinks he is worth. He has a hot shot successful agent in Rosenhaus and if he was representing Willis appropriately he'd tell him to run until he could run no more and play the market next.

If I were Willis acknowledging the additions to the O line I'd be psyched. Sometimes greed and an ego leave little room for common sense

Perfectly stated. He will work his @ss off in his contract year behind the behemoth O-line. We'll have more run yards in '07 vs '06. Isn't that what we want. We might be over-analyzing the whole Willis situation.

Perfectly stated. He will work his @ss off in his contract year behind the behemoth O-line. We'll have more run yards in '07 vs '06. Isn't that what we want. We might be over-analyzing the whole Willis situation.

It's not physical with him, it doesn't matter if he comes in at 245, 0% body fat and shaved a second off his 40. He has got to train with the team and actually crack open that playbook of his. Until he actually commits to being a good NFL player and not just a physically fit college phenom, his career will be mediocre.

someone mentioned this the other day....maybe many "Someones" have mentioned recently, but I like the idea of making him play for a big contract in 2007, then if he looks like the difference maker to advance this team in the playoffs, tag him for one year and then let him walk after the 2008 season. If he looks like a dog after 2007, let him go.

I dont want to sound like Soprano, nor do I nessessarily agree with what Im about to say, but I recently recieved information from an inside source(legit) that he heard from a seperate(and very integral) department at One Bills Drive that McGahee AND Spikes are as good as done with the Bills(of course if there are no buyers, no deal gets done), that the Bills are just hoping to get two draft picks in return for them. I did not have any more time to inquire as to what pick they would take, but im guessing a 3rd or higher would probobly get it done for McGahee and Spikes could go for anywhere from a 3rd to a 6th.

I also wanted to add, that I am in the "let him run for his life" camp.

I understand Willis is not and likely never will be, a high character guy, but its not like all the 90s bills were saints. however, if Willis comes out, stays healthy and puts up 1500+ yards and 12-18 TDs, then he'll definately be worth AT LEAST a 2nd round pick if we franchise him.

This whole situation, it is what it is. Does willis have potential? a ton, yes. It must be realized though that good backs are a dime a dozen and they dont need to be first round picks either. Recall that the best back in our franchises history was a 2nd round pick.

someone mentioned this the other day....maybe many "Someones" have mentioned recently, but I like the idea of making him play for a big contract in 2007, then if he looks like the difference maker to advance this team in the playoffs, tag him for one year and then let him walk after the 2008 season. If he looks like a dog after 2007, let him go.

I'm tired of his side show act without the payoff on the field. I hope somehow the Bills are able to turn the page on McGahee and end up with either Turner or Lynch under a 4 year contract. It's sad when we're expected to get excited for a player to put up numbers because he's in his "contract" year so he's got motivation. Heck, I'd rather they draft Leonard in the 2nd and Irons in the 3rd than having McGahee play here another year. I don't want another player here that doesn't want to be here, that's horrible mojo for a team especially when it's a supposed star player. Thankfully all signs point to him being long gone.

I'm tired of his side show act without the payoff on the field. I hope somehow the Bills are able to turn the page on McGahee and end up with either Turner or Lynch under a 4 year contract. It's sad when we're expected to get excited for a player to put up numbers because he's in his "contract" year so he's got motivation. Heck, I'd rather they draft Leonard in the 2nd and Irons in the 3rd than having McGahee play here another year. I don't want another player here that doesn't want to be here, that's horrible mojo for a team especially when it's a supposed star player. Thankfully all signs point to him being long gone.

Better a supposed star player who the players all are aware of as overrated or a malcontent than a true legitimate star player acting that way.

To what degree will all the paternity suit stuff distract his attention from the on-field stuff in 2007?

Something tells me that it bothers us a lot more than it bothers him.