The perfect plan for this defense

1. sign RFA Randy Starks from Titans for a 3rd rounder.

2. trade willis to Green Bay for second or Third

3. trade for Turner from SD, i think maybe a 3rd or fourth rounder not sure what it would take considering hes a backup

4. trade down in the draft to get another second or third round pick

5. draft Poslusky of Penn State with the late first round pick

6. take the best player available at RB, DT, or CB in the second round

Starks would immedietly ancor the Dline and take a lot of pressure off the LB corps. The pick we get from Willis could be used on Turner. this is an option if they really want to get rid of him, though i doubt they do. i think they just want to devalue him so they dont have to worry about a new contract or hold out. So the Willis and Turner ideas may or may not be plausible. Poslusky is a born leader and we will need one for this defense in the future. He could learn behind Spikes and Crowell for his rookie season, and if Spikes doesnt play well, he could see some real playing time. This only leaves a major hole at CB, which may already be filled by Yuboty, no one on here knows what the coaches know about him so we cant decide if its a major need or not. The trade down is necessary. it is unlikely that the top DTs and LBs will drop out of the top ten. this leaving us at 12 with little to choose from to fill our holes. a CB may be there, but isnt the teams main concern i believe. So trade down to a lower spot and pick up a second rounder. use the forst to get a LB, either poslusky or someone else, and get a RB in the second round. any thoughts?

Michael Turner's tender requires a 1st and 3rd. So even if we were to trade for him, I'd think it would be higher than a 3rd or 4th.

I like the idea of Starks for a 3rd.

Very much opposed to Willis for anything less than mid-high 2nd.

the turner thing is only i whim i guess. willis will be here in 2007 :rolleyes:

I don't get the whole Randy Starks thing. I see him play here with the breasts. He's OK. Robaire Smith is a much better player and he is currently a FA.

C

There's something very wrong with you sitting around watching Randy Starks play with breasts.