Pats Media have Serious Doubts about LB Adalius Thomas

2nd year in a row they didn't make the big game. QB that can't keep it in his pants now too .. off-field distractions will hurt the guy. all the "coulda, woulda, shoulda talk" is just that, talk. pats are old news

Using that koolaid logic, the Chargers, Ravens, Saints are all teams in decline as well.

The Pats record speaks for itself

2006 NE 12-4 Playoffs: AFC Conference finals

2005 NE 10-6 Playoffs: AFC Conference semi's

A team in decline?

Koolaid drinkers never use facts, merely hyberbole in spinning fantasy arguments.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using that koolaid logic, the Chargers, Ravens, Saints are all teams in decline as well.

The Pats record speaks for itself

2006 NE 12-4 Playoffs: AFC Conference finals

2005 NE 10-6 Playoffs: AFC Conference semi's

A team in decline?

Koolaid drinkers never use facts, merely hyberbole in spinning fantasy arguments.

errr, wrong. all those other teams IMPROVED on their prior performances of the last few years. that's an "incline." "decline" which is what the pats are in are falling relative to where they'be been.

:blink:

errr, wrong. all those other teams IMPROVED on their prior performances of the last few years. that's an "incline." "decline" which is what the pats are in are falling relative to where they'be been.

errr, wrong again, koolaid boy. the Pats also IMPROVED on their performance. But I guess you have a problem interpreting numbers don't you? ever consider an adult remedial logic course? 12-4 is better than 10-6. conference finals is better than conference semi's.

the Chargers? Ha! and didn't they lose to the ..... in the conference semis'? ahhhh, yuppers, the Pats ... the team in your child fantasy world, on the "decline"

bend over and take it like a man.

:wallbash:

"On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sacks last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon". - Ron Borges, MSNBC after 2001 Draft.

errr, wrong again, koolaid boy. the Pats also IMPROVED on their performance. But I guess you have a problem interpreting numbers don't you? ever consider an adult remedial logic course? 12-4 is better than 10-6. conference finals is better than conference semi's.

the Chargers? Ha! and didn't they lose to the ..... in the conference semis'? ahhhh, yuppers, the Pats ... the team in your child fantasy world, on the "decline"

bend over and take it like a man.

:wallbash:

do you understand when a team makes it to 3 of 4 super bowls and then goes 2 years in a row without appearing in one its declining?

nice criteria for what makes a man too!

Pundits have been predicting the Pats demise for years. And as much as we hate the team, the Pats still keep winning the division year after year after year, and have 3 Superbowl wins to show for it.

Right - the Pats have now won 3 of the last 6 Superbowls(formerly 3 of 5) so that means that they are going to win the division this year? What happens ten years from now? Are you going to be arguing: "Well, the Pat have won 3 of the last 16 Superbowls so, blah, blah, blah". :blink:

This is a nonsense argument so cut the crap. You sound like Phil Simms.

Signing another old linebacker PROVES that this team is in decline. Why? Because they are trying to hold it together by using the equivalent of bailing wire and bubble gum. Seau, and now Adalius Thomas, are not who you bring in if you are building for the future. They are who you bring in if you are trying to get one more good playoff year out of a DECLINING team. Of course, I can't blame the Patriots for trying to go the well one more time. But please, don't tell me that they are not on the decline when the evidence points to fact that they are. You are lying to yourself.

And don't bother with the 2 draft picks in the first round argument, either. This draft been clearly acknowledged, by anyone that matters, as thin on immediate impact players and the Pats aren't drafting till LATE(24 and 28) in the first round - so these draft picks might as well be 2nd round = crapshoot. Sure they might get lucky, but then again, so might any team. Like I said = crapshoot. If you are saying that the Pats win the division based on this draft, again, you are lying to yourself.

The Pats are pretty much stuck with the old guys they have. Now, can the old guys get it done->who knows? They may have one more playoff run in the tank. It will make for very entertaining games against us this year - young and talented vs. old and experienced. Classic struggle that goes on everywhere all the time in plenty of arenas besides football. :wallbash:

Figures it would be Borges.

Hope he's right, though. :wallbash:

Here's the problem, though: Thomas doesn't have to be the second coming of L.T. to make the New England defense better. All he has to be is an upgrade from Tully Banta-Cain, the guy he's replacing... and I don't think anyone here is quite silly enough to take Banta-Cain's side in that comparison.

Yeah that answers it. Nothing like calling names.

What names? I called the comparison idiotic, not you.

Dude you know what I am saying is true. Lie to yourself all you want. It changes nothing.

Dude, did you miss the part where I noted the 8 year age difference between Thomas and Seau? You're the one lying to yourself, attempting to spin the Patriots' flurry of free agent activity into a negative. The reality is that they've filled holes with good players. That's what good front offices do.

Here's the problem, though: Thomas doesn't have to be the second coming of L.T. to make the New England defense better. All he has to be is an upgrade from Tully Banta-Cain, the guy he's replacing... and I don't think anyone here is quite silly enough to take Banta-Cain's side in that comparison.

I think Borges is saying that given Thomas' age, injury is a real concern (especially given the Pats' problems with injuries since Belichick has become their HC). Also, many players haven't fared well after leaving the Ravens, and the Pats have a pretty complicated system. Tully Banta-Cain really doesn't enter into the equation.

What names? I called the comparison idiotic, not you.

Dude, did you miss the part where I noted the 8 year age difference between Thomas and Seau? You're the one lying to yourself, attempting to spin the Patriots' flurry of free agent activity into a negative. The reality is that they've filled holes with good players. That's what good front offices do.

Hey I am not spinning anything - on a linebacking corp whose average age is 29.9(and that includes your never-to-start special teams guys) I suppose bringing in another 29 year old is par for the course. :blink: I remember watching the last game these guys played, and I especially remember them sucking wind at the end of the FIRST HALF. But, like I said, keep on lying to yourself. Unless, of course, you plan on starting 4 of these 5: Eric Alexander, Corey Mays, Pierre Woods, Thomas, or Roosevelt Colvin - the only LBs on the team on the right side of 30. :wallbash:

do you understand when a team makes it to 3 of 4 super bowls and then goes 2 years in a row without appearing in one its declining?

nice criteria for what makes a man too!

I hope one day the Bills can be in such a decline. How'd we do against that declining team last year ? Anybody ? Anybody ? If you said 0-2 you would be correct ! The pauper should never talk smack to the king, just makes you look unintelligent.

Hey I am not spinning anything - on a linebacking corp whose average age is 29.9(and that includes your never-to-start special teams guys) I suppose bringing in another 29 year old is par for the course.

Yeah, I'm sure the Pats are beating themselves up over the fact that they're continuing the tactics that have won them 5 AFC East tiles and 3 Super Bowls in the past 6 years. :blink:

I remember watching the last game these guys played, and I especially remember them sucking wind at the end of the FIRST HALF.

Do you think that might be why they signed a LB so athletic that he plays CB and S sometimes?

I think Borges is saying that given Thomas' age, injury is a real concern (especially given the Pats' problems with injuries since Belichick has become their HC). Also, many players haven't fared well after leaving the Ravens, and the Pats have a pretty complicated system. Tully Banta-Cain really doesn't enter into the equation.

Valid point about the Pats' multifaceted D... but if Thomas could learn all those different positions in Balto, I think he'll be able to pick up Bellychick's scheme.

JMO, of course...

Yeah, I'm sure the Pats are beating themselves up over the fact that they're continuing the tactics that have won them 5 AFC East tiles and 3 Super Bowls in the past 6 years. :blink:

Do you think that might be why they signed a LB so athletic that he plays CB and S sometimes?

If the Bills had signed Adalius Thomas this would be "orgasm central". "All critics of the move will immediately be told they know nothing about football and we need to trust Marv"(and all his Superbowl rings).