49ers cut Antonio Bryant

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- The San Francisco 49ers waived troubled receiver Antonio Bryant on Thursday night, just one season after signing him to a lucrative four-year free-agent contract.

Bryant caught 40 passes for a team-leading 733 yards last season, but repeatedly ran afoul of coach Mike Nolan's strict disciplinary standards. Bryant was arrested in November after a wild escapade in his orange Lamborghini, and he later angered Nolan for being late to a team meeting.

Bryant Cut

Bryant is a headcase but i abosolutely love this guy's game. One of the most talented recievers out there, him and Lee Evans would give use one of the most outstanding 1-2 WR combos in the entire NFL. Also i think Dick Jauron's style of coaching might suit Bryant's hot headed personality, plus he would have no national media attention in Buffalo.

Bryant Cut

Bryant is a headcase but i abosolutely love this guy's game. One of the most talented recievers out there, him and Lee Evans would give use one of the most outstanding 1-2 WR combos in the entire NFL. Also i think Dick Jauron's style of coaching might suit Bryant's hot headed personality, plus he would have no national media attention in Buffalo.

There are no good Lamborghini repair shops in Buffalo, and no room for head cases either. Bryant will head for Cincy.

Bryant Cut

He also would have no national media attention if he was banned from the NFL for wasting what talent he had and for being a mental midget.

If you watched any niner games you would realize he basically sucks.

Bryant Cut

Take a look at his track record. Calling him a headcase is a major understatement...

1. Bryant caught 40 passes for a team-leading 733 yards last season, but repeatedly ran afoul of coach Mike Nolan's strict disciplinary standards. Bryant was arrested in November after a wild escapade in his orange Lamborghini, and he later angered Nolan for being late to a team meeting. Bryant ended last season midway through a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy -- and the 49ers decided they wouldn't wait to deal with Bryant's next problem.

2. During a minicamp practice in 2004, Bryant and Cowboys coach Bill Parcells got into a heated dispute that ended with Bryant throwing his sweaty jersey at Parcells' face.

3. Bryant was kicked out of practice by security, sent to anger-management counseling and eventually traded to Cleveland, where he was dropped after conflicts with coach Romeo Crennel despite posting his first 1,000-yard season in 2005.

I'll pass.

If you watched any niner games you would realize he basically sucks.

That's an assine comment. I have watched a lot of Antonio Bryant including his career at Pitt where he won the Fred Biletnikoff Award as sophmore. I think he is one of the most talented and physically gifted of any of the WR's in the NFL.

Whether or not Bryant and his baggage are good fit for the Bills is certainly debatable, his talent however is not. Don't dumb down the debate with comments like "he sucks" - - from a skill standpoint Antonio Bryant would be significant upgrade over [not so]Peerless Price and Josh Reed at.

Lastly I would add this. Buffalo is not the most desireable place for Free Agents we have issues competing with other teams based on: (1) location, (2) ability to offer huge sums of money up front ( unlike the Redskins) (3) are recent struggles standings wise (4) we lack a really marketable player (LT, Vince Young, Chad Johnson) who can be used as freeagent magnet to convince other NFL players to hop on board the Bills bandwagon.

So at some point we have to take a calculated risk on a high reward, high risk high reward player.