Hargrove Tendered.

Stl Bills

LETS JUST SAY: someone scoops up hargrove, and someone scoops up anderson. we could definitely trade those 2 3rds into an early 2nd right? just a long reach, wishful thinking, but i like the idea.

Dr.Dank....I agree with much of what you say.....but yes, here you are doing a bit of wishful thinking.

It's a very contagious condition that spreads when a "draft" approaches.

:blink:

BAsed on the tender of only a 3rd round comp, it doesn't look like the Bills were all taht impressed with Hargrove.

With the way they overpay mi-round free agents, another $500,000 would have upped the compensation toa 1st and 3rd- which would have indicated a real commitment.

This leaves the door open to draft another DE to bump Hargrove if one drops in the draft.

BAsed on the tender of only a 3rd round comp, it doesn't look like the Bills were all taht impressed with Hargrove.

With the way they overpay mi-round free agents, another $500,000 would have upped the compensation toa 1st and 3rd- which would have indicated a real commitment.

This leaves the door open to draft another DE to bump Hargrove if one drops in the draft.

i wouldnt take it as them not being impressed with him. i just think that offering him a 1st round tender scares away any interested parties. so that handcuffs us and really leaves no options. now, if some team comes by and really wants him, we have a chance to match or gladly accept a draft pick. we can say "well we really like this guy, BUT we just signed our big DE free agent and we can get so-and-so in the 3rd" and since we traded our 5th for him it is win-win-win any way this works out.

Hargrove joined the Bills 7 games into the season. Thus he missed all of the OTA's, mini-camps, training camp, and pre-season with the Bills, not to mention 6 weeks of practicing with the team. Kind of hard to show anything to the Bills, much less other teams, making him worth tendering at the 1st round tender level.