The Bills are the Favorites to re-sign Fletch!!

FLETCHER DEAL NOT DONE?

Although there are rampant rumors that the Washington Redskins have reached a deal with Bills middle linebacker London Fletcher, a source close to Fletcher says that a final decision has not been made.

The Redskins, Patriots, Lions, and Bills are interested in Fletcher, and the source says that the Bills currently are the favorites to land London, with the Redskins at No.2 on the list.

Ideally, however, the Bills should have the exclusive ability to negotiate with Fletcher until Friday. But that's simply not how it works in the NFL anymore; virtually every team violates the prohibition on tampering when the time comes to talk to pending free agents. Indeed, we're not aware of a single team that doesn't get an early start on chatting with players who technically are the property of others.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Hey, he may not be the youngest, but he is the leader of this defense!!

I think JR In Ann Arbor is giving his info to PFT now!

This would be a surprise if we get him back. I thought we were going to take a Cash To Cap Approach.

:worthy::) :) :(

Once again, "cash to cap" means that whatever bonus money a player gets paid this year, plus his salary, count towards this year's cap. Fletch could be getting a $4M bonus this year, but guaranteed bonuses for several million more in later years.

Washington may have an interest in F-B, but as far as negotiating right now, that's tampering. Technically, F-B is still under contract with the Bills until 2 March. I don't know about agents getting in touch with prospective teams, but Washington cannot negotiate right now with him.