Just a Thought - Dre Bly

Living here in Michigan it is widely known that Matt Millen has given Dre Bly's camp permission to seek a trade out of Detroit. While I don't consider him among the elite corners (top 5), I do think that he might be at that second tier. He also makes quite a bit less than the Lions will command.

I wonder if Levy has been on the phone with Millen to try to get something done. Kevin Jones is facing a tough injury to come back from and there is speculation here whether or not it could be career threatening. Maybe a McGahee for Bly swap?

That would allow us the flexibility to lose Clements and backfill him with Bly. RBs are much easier to replace, in my opinion, than good corners. That is also one position where rookies consistantly excel...(T. Jones is also an option)

Just my thoughts from Detroit. Go Bills!

This has been discussed MANY times here

THE REASON BLY DOES NOT WANT TO STAY IN DETROIT IS BECAUSE HE WAS HAVING TROUBLE IN THE COVER 2 SCHEME THEY HAVE

So, why would the Bills, who also run a cover 2 scheme, want to bring him in?

Totally disagree...the reason Bly wants outta here is the atmosphere. He is tired of losing. He doesn't see eye to eye with Millen. And finally, he is looking for an extension. Corners are corners. If you can cover a WR well, it doesn't matter what type of system you are in...

Totally disagree...the reason Bly wants outta here is the atmosphere. He is tired of losing. He doesn't see eye to eye with Millen. And finally, he is looking for an extension. Corners are corners. If you can cover a WR well, it doesn't matter what type of system you are in...

He's right to a degree. Cover 2 corners are somewhat restricted to zone, and that limits the playmaking style of the great corners like Nate or Bly. Bly has come out and said he doesn't want to be restricted in this manner. That said Buffalo all but abandoned the traditional cover 2 look after the bye week. McGee was better in man then zone, and Clements was a waste off talent keeping him in zone underneath. If Buffalo wants to play the same looks as last season they will need to fill Nates shoes with a quality guy.

thank u someone finally cleared that up.