Would RB Michael Bush be worth our 2nd rd pick?

Tipster19

If he is available, there in no way you can't at least take it into consideration.

Factoid:

Bush attended Male High School in Louisville where he played quarterback as a senior after seeing action at defensive back, defensive end, linebacker, running back, safety, and wide receiver over his career. As a senior, he led the Bulldogs to the state championship game in Kentucky's highest class. In a showdown with future U of L teammate Brian Brohm and his Trinity Shamrocks, Bush threw for 468 yards and six TDs and ran for 116 yards and another TD in a 59-56 loss. This game is widely regarded as one of the best high school games ever played.

No way the Saints give him to us for just the second round pick. Plus, he's rumored to be on the next Madden cover. No way he's worth it. :)

HAHAHA were not talking about Reggie Bush Brotha, it took me awhile to understand.

I expect Buffalo to really select a defensive player with our 1st pick simply because of the lack of quality players on that side of the ball in this year's draft. That being said, I think an offensive player being taken by us with our 2nd rder would be alright with me, whether it be a TE or a RB.

Matter of fact, this is something I would like to see us do with our draft and free agency. First, sign up OT Jon Stinchcomb from the Saints, Cincy's OG Eric Steinbach, Baltimore's LB Adalius Thomas and the Patriots' TE Daniel Graham. In the draft we select DT Amobi Okoye with our 1st pick, RB Michael Bush with our 2nd rder and Oklahoma's LB Rufus Alexander with our 3rd rder.

I admit that I don't really understand all the ins and outs of free agency or this "cash to cap" crap but what I do understand is that we have alot of money to spend and have alot of needs to fill, so let's do it before Ralph, Marv and myself die!

I expect Buffalo to really select a defensive player with our 1st pick simply because of the lack of quality players on that side of the ball in this year's draft. That being said, I think an offensive player being taken by us with our 2nd rder would be alright with me, whether it be a TE or a RB.

Matter of fact, this is something I would like to see us do with our draft and free agency. First, sign up OT Jon Stinchcomb from the Saints, Cincy's OG Eric Steinbach, Baltimore's LB Adalius Thomas and the Patriots' TE Daniel Graham. In the draft we select DT Amobi Okoye with our 1st pick, RB Michael Bush with our 2nd rder and Oklahoma's LB Rufus Alexander with our 3rd rder.

I admit that I don't really understand all the ins and outs of free agency or this "cash to cap" crap but what I do understand is that we have alot of money to spend and have alot of needs to fill, so let's do it before Ralph, Marv and myself die!

Cash to the cap means that we won't be getting all those high-profile free agents you've mentioned. If our free agency period consists of nothing more than re-signing Clements and Kelsay, I'll be perfectly happy.

Cash to the cap: Let's say the Redskins have $21 million in cap space. They can sign a player, and give him a $20 million bonus, with let's say $1 million in base salary for his first year. It's a five year contract; so that $20 million gets spread out (amortized) in equal shares over those five years. His salary cap for 2007 is the $1 million base, plus 1/5 of that $20 million ($1 MM + $4 MM = $5 million total). That's what teams do when they actually have money. The Redskins would be left with $21 million - $5 million = $16 million of cap space.

Cash to the cap is different. Let's say the Bills have that same $21 million in cap space. Then let's say they sign a player to that exact same deal. Instead of spreading out that signing bonus over the course of five years, the Bills would (in their own minds) treat the whole $20 million bonus as though it was hitting the cap in year 1 of the deal. So, in their own minds, they had $21 million of cap space before they signed the deal, the deal caused $21 million in actual cash to go out, so the Bills would stop signing any more free agents. This, even though they'd actually have $16 million in unused cap space.