McMissle

\GoBillsInDallas/

Couple of things, since this happened right near me. This woman isn't as "sweet" as the post makes her out to be. The judge overrode the sentence yesterday and released her, only to have her held when the police re-arrested her for passing a bunch of bad checks further down south during the summer. In addition, if you've ever driven along I-95 even in the dark of night it tends to have a pretty good flow of traffic all going 65 MPH or better. Throwing anything at that speed with that amount of traffic is a major accident waiting to happen. Do a little research, a couple winters ago, right in that stretch on I95 south, there was almost a 200 car pile-up that made national news. Go back a few years before that and a similar incident happened that crippled a father and his daughter was even worse. In fact I know that as my daughter was in gymnastics with the girl. The judge should not have let this woman out of this sentence and it's BS that the media is using the fact that she has three children and a husband in Iraq as an excuse to make her less guilty of what could have been a disaster.

Once the again the justice system has failed us all. I completely understand the need for deterrence and what she did was dangerous. But the bottom line is that no one was hurt, and even if the state of Virginia feels the need to convict this woman as a felon, 2 years is just too much, considering that there was not excessive property or personal damage.

Couple of things, since this happened right near me. This woman isn't as "sweet" as the post makes her out to be. The judge overrode the sentence yesterday and released her, only to have her held when the police re-arrested her for passing a bunch of bad checks further down south during the summer. In addition, if you've ever driven along I-95 even in the dark of night it tends to have a pretty good flow of traffic all going 65 MPH or better. Throwing anything at that speed with that amount of traffic is a major accident waiting to happen. Do a little research, a couple winters ago, right in that stretch on I95 south, there was almost a 200 car pile-up that made national news. Go back a few years before that and a similar incident happened that crippled a father and his daughter was even worse. In fact I know that as my daughter was in gymnastics with the girl. The judge should not have let this woman out of this sentence and it's BS that the media is using the fact that she has three children and a husband in Iraq as an excuse to make her less guilty of what could have been a disaster.

Hmmm... maybe.. I dunno. 6 months I could live with.. but 2 years just seems like too much. You have some valid points though.

According to court documents, Hall is unemployed and, with her husband's salary, the couple takes in $30,384 a year. She receives $388 a month in food stamps.

you can receive food stamps if your household income is $30,384 a year?

i didn't get stevestojan when I made $18,000

you can receive food stamps if your household income is $30,384 a year?

i didn't get stevestojan when I made $18,000

"Some animals are more equal than others"

Animal Farm

Good thing she didnt have something heavier, or was packing. I drive I-595 here in Habana Norte and you wouldnt believe some of the things I've seen on the highway.

In addition, if you've ever driven along I-95 even in the dark of night it tends to have a pretty good flow of traffic all going 65 MPH or better. Throwing anything at that speed with that amount of traffic is a major accident waiting to happen.

Guess you didn't see the 4 differant sentences that described the "stalled" traffic they were in. Lordy, I drive that stretch of 95 north couple times a week between Richmond and DC, several times wish I had a real missle to blast someone.

My guess is this dude was being a total dick weaving in and out barely moving traffic all in an effort to get 1 car length ahead, and it sounds like he cut them off not once(maybe an accident) but twice(definetly a douche bag). He should have gotten a ticket for aggresive driving

Guess you didn't see the 4 differant sentences that described the "stalled" traffic they were in. Lordy, I drive that stretch of 95 north couple times a week between Richmond and DC, several times wish I had a real missle to blast someone.

My guess is this dude was being a total dick weaving in and out barely moving traffic all in an effort to get 1 car length ahead, and it sounds like he cut them off not once(maybe an accident) but twice(definetly a douche bag). He should have gotten a ticket for aggresive driving

How do you know he didn't? But as the old saying goes, two wrongs don't make it right. In addition, she purposely drove onto the shoulder to catch up and throw the ice at them. Also, in VA it is legal to carry, so throwing anything at anyone in VA is assault and a good way to find yourself full of holes. Stupidity and agressive behavior just makes you dead.