Fox's Last Mock Draft b4 Combine - Likes Bills Pick

As a Pitt season ticket holder I have seen Revis play for his entire college career. He is very stout against the run and I don't recall seen him get exploited in the speed department later in his career. In fact this last season I didn't see teams even passing to the player he was covering. If they even threw to his side they would draw him off and throw underneath this coverage. This tendency could be attributed to teams try to exploit Pitt's overall speed deficiency at LB (at one point they even moved a safety down to play LB to try and keep up with WVU) by throwing underneath and getting their skill players into space.

The bottom line is that no CB should be taken in the first round. If CB is so unimportant in the Cover-2 that the Bills won't even franchise Clements, then CB is also too unimportant to waste an overall #12 pick on.

It would be idiotic to draft a CB in the first round.

The bottom line is that no CB should be taken in the first round. If CB is so unimportant in the Cover-2 that the Bills won't even franchise Clements, then CB is also too unimportant to waste an overall #12 pick on.

It would be idiotic to draft a CB in the first round.

Bills LBs are a mess

they need one on the first day.

my guess is Willis gets more hype after the combine.

Bills LBs are a mess

I was watching Cold Pizza this morning and they were talking about the Panthers needing a MLB. The guy on there (I forget his name as this the first time I really watched the show) mentioned he felt Willis would be a reach at pick 14 but made mention if they go for a MLB in Round 2 a name to remember is Brandon Siler, who we might want to look at if end up taking Revis or WR Dwayne Jarrett or or DT Amobi Okoye in Round 1.

Forget need and try this: Willis / Revis / Okoye (and more). Who is going to be the best football player over the next five years? I don't know the answer, but I like Willis > Okoke > Revis based on what I know right now.

Draft needs to try to move slighly higher in mediocrity and patch the holes in a leaky ship. Draft great players to build a great team.

But if you are going to look at need, is Revis going to be enough better than Youboty or McGee to justify this pick? Would he take any punt returns away from Roscoe? Doesn't seem like the best pick for either need or talent to me.

Bills LBs are a mess

I agree that the LB situation is a mess, thus I would much rather have a vet who can play the diverse approaches needed by us from an MLB in our cover 2 rather than give this position to a rookie who is going to spend a lot if not all of his first season learning how to be a vet doing reads and playing MLB for us (if we are lucky, if the best we can do is to pick a player who is the #12 prospect it is an open question whether this player will be capable of starting immediately).

I like Butkus winner Willis as our MLB for the future but after his pass coverage struggles at the Senior Bowl I actually hope his stock continues to plummet like a rock because if he is a second round choice it makes it easier for us to configure things so he can sit on the bench awhile as a position player and contribute to the team on ST.

We need enough help in the trenches (where it all begins on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball IMHO) that I am reluctant to see us spend the first round choice on a rookie who cannot perform well enough at a complicated position).

I could see us making the reach for an SS last year who really was a mid-teens level talent at best in the top 10 even though it was a reach because we needed an SS badly and with Oakland surprisingly picking Huff at #7 we had no choice than to reach to snatch Whitner with pick #8 as there was a strong possibility that DET might go for a safety at pick #9 if we traded down (as it turned out they did take an SS with their second pick and that Miami also took one with #15 and they might have been able to jump ahead of us if we traded down and DET took Sims anyway).

However, a rookie playing safety seems doable, but a rookie playing the crucial MLB role the way we implement the Cover 2 simply seems like a move condemning us to a long season.

Expecting Willis to start at MLB for us strikes me as the D equivalent of drafting a player who is physically gifted like JP is and expecting him to start immediately. My sense is that if we expect Willis to start at MLB he will learn and probably quickly, but we will have to live through a few performances like JPs in his first game at NE. Willis is a good player but if he starts at MLB in our cover 2 it likely will be vert ugly at first even though eventually it will work out.