Go Yanks

BuffOrange

Am I the only non-Yankee fan rooting for them anyway because I despise the Sox? I'm surprised more people don't feel this way. For everything people hate about the Yankees (big payroll, arrogant fans) the Red Sox are no different.

But at least I don't hear Yankee fans being hypocrites and complaining about how Boston "bought" their way to the playoffs. Maybe my hatred of football cities carries over into other sports - I just really hope the Red Sox never, ever win. A bunch of whining brats those Boston fans are.

Am I the only non-Yankee fan rooting for them anyway because I despise the Sox?  I'm surprised more people don't feel this way.  For everything people hate about the Yankees (big payroll, arrogant fans) the Red Sox are no different. 

But at least I don't hear Yankee fans being hypocrites and complaining about how Boston "bought" their way to the playoffs.  Maybe my hatred of football cities carries over into other sports - I just really hope the Red Sox never, ever win.  A bunch of whining brats those Boston fans are.

65128[/snapback]

You aren't alone. I feel the exact same way.

I hear you, dude. I have to live with these a-holes. Sox fans may even be worse than Pats fans. I was at a game at Safeco field in Seattle (annual baseball trip) and the Sox were in town playing a four game set with the Mariners. The local 9 were like 30 games out of first by then, and fans were basically there to see Ichiro trying to set the hits record, and see Edgar Martinez in his last season. Fuggin' lame-o Sox fans taunted Ichiro, chanted "ED-GAR" when Martinez was up, and believe-it-or-not, started a "Yankees Suck" chant. WTF? "Yankees Suck" at a Mariner's game? Classless a-holes. If they never win anything else it will be too soon.

Yeh, I know some that to this day - still complain about the umpring in a Yankees series that they lost in FIVE GAMES a few years ago.

You've got to be joking - that's like blaming the refs for a 35-10 loss in football....and then they have the nerve to call other fans whiners when the refs have clearly given their team a SB.