Congrats and Props to Lee Evans

Nanker

A Shout Out to Lee Evans on this cold winter's day.

Ranked 6th in the league in receptions with 82 for 1292 yards, his 15.8 yd average was only bettered by the 16.0 yd average of Detroit's Roy Williams who also had 82 catches.

Lee was topped in receiving yardage only by Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Roy Williams and Donald Driver. Not bad company for our fleet-footed wideout.

He's a star in the making. It'll be fun watching him blossom. I wonder what other future stars are lurking on this year's squad.

Kind of interesting too: His 24 career touchdowns are already just about half of Moulds career totals. He is a good one.

I think so too, and he's been doing it without a lot of help at the #2 spot.

Here's to seeing a lot of Losman-to-Evans hookups! :rolleyes:

Yep, definitely excellent numbers.

The amazing thing about him from a fan perspective is that amongst the TSW folk the number are definitely respected and there is precious little talk of us needing an upgrade (the we are doooomed crowd does not allow rationality to spoil their rants). However, the talk that really acknowledges he is just short (he is missing the public acknowledgment) of establishing himself as one of the "elite" WRs has generally not been there.

I think he deserves spoken consideration of this point which goes beyond the usual homer adulation as:

1. He put up these numbers working in an offense which most agree was simplified and held back by the braintrust as JP got his footing and to keep games close.

2. Folks who are disappointed in Peerless's work or claim he is a weenie who rounded off routes need to also acknowledge that he produced his numbers while not having a feared (or inadequate in so0me views) #2.

3. Folks who whine about Wilis need to also acknowledge in the same voice that his production came without a huge run threat.

4. Though he is not consistently among the elite, their are episodes such as his 3 TD game against the Fins last year or his amazing 2 70+ yard TD reception game where his real world production was among the best in the NFL all year.

He and JP clearly have a chemistry and Evans production and JPs potential certainly make it not irrational to express hopes that they may become one of the best pairings in the NFL.

Yep, definitely excellent numbers.

The amazing thing about him from a fan perspective is that amongst the TSW folk the number are definitely respected and there is precious little talk of us needing an upgrade (the we are doooomed crowd does not allow rationality to spoil their rants). However, the talk that really acknowledges he is just short (he is missing the public acknowledgment) of establishing himself as one of the "elite" WRs has generally not been there.

I think he deserves spoken consideration of this point which goes beyond the usual homer adulation as:

1. He put up these numbers working in an offense which most agree was simplified and held back by the braintrust as JP got his footing and to keep games close.

2. Folks who are disappointed in Peerless's work or claim he is a weenie who rounded off routes need to also acknowledge that he produced his numbers while not having a feared (or inadequate in so0me views) #2.

3. Folks who whine about Wilis need to also acknowledge in the same voice that his production came without a huge run threat.

4. Though he is not consistently among the elite, their are episodes such as his 3 TD game against the Fins last year or his amazing 2 70+ yard TD reception game where his real world production was among the best in the NFL all year.

He and JP clearly have a chemistry and Evans production and JPs potential certainly make it not irrational to express hopes that they may become one of the best pairings in the NFL.

You're right. I think if he puts up good numbers again this year he and Losman will be getting noticed a lot more by the national media. :rolleyes:

Moulds is a horrible player and was a horrible Bill ... have'nt the people on this board told you that yet?

His deep ball ability went away pretty fast. He was dangerous deep for only the first couple years. Solid receiver, but def no touchdown machine.