Marv Brushes aside Willis comments

Marv when asked, responded that he and ralph didn't disscuss during the THREE days in Florida the situation with Willis.

So......

Marv is defusing the situation so that they can trade him without losing leverage to other teams (like they have to trade him) or Marv really thinks he is the ANSWER to the bills running back woes and wants to kiss and make up?

Willis and his ass are otta here before the draft; what can they get in return?

I don't know about wanting to trade him. I really think Marv was being honest. What Willis said didn't end up on his or Ralph's "care about" radar. I was half waiting for Marv to say--

"You know--Frannie won't let me even read Penthouse for the articles" or something coy...but I get the impression that he really didn't care. As long as Willis stays within the law he can say whatever he desires.

I feel strongly that Willis will be a Bill this year...I have been wrong before and will be again..

I thought Marv handled it right. Who cares. I'm sure he heard a paraphrasing of Willis' comments. He has probably heard players B word about Buffalo before, off the record, so he knows it's NO BIG DEAL.

I think Willis is scared. He knows he hasn't been all that great, and is worried because his next contract will the biggest he'll have an opportunity to get.

He''ll play for Buffalo, especially when we start winning (he's no leader, but if the team is riding high he will follow).

Marv answered the question so that he does not lose leverage. Also, if he can't get a decent offer for Willis, he didn't insult him, so we can hopefully get a good year out of him.

He also threw the fans a bone with the "that's his opinion" comment.

I don't beleive ,for a second, that was the first Marv heard of Willis' interview.

Marv answered the question so that he does not lose leverage. Also, if he can't get a decent offer for Willis, he didn't insult him, so we can hopefully get a good year out of him.

He also threw the fans a bone with the "that's his opinion" comment.

I don't beleive ,for a second, that was the first Marv heard of Willis' interview.

ofcourse it wasn't- he is just doing his part to prevent Buffalo from becoming the media circus that players like TO are prone to causing...

MORE IMPORTANTLY- Marv said - and with great conviction - that they WILL be bringing in a running back. Take it for what it's worth, but he's beginning to light the fire under Willis' arse. Who knows what we'll see out of him next year. By not extending him and by making public remarks about bringing in a replacment, I think Marv is doing a good job of backing him into a corner and the only way out is to put up or shut up.

ofcourse it wasn't- he is just doing his part to prevent Buffalo from becoming the media circus that players like TO are prone to causing...

MORE IMPORTANTLY- Marv said - and with great conviction - that they WILL be bringing in a running back. Take it for what it's worth, but he's beginning to light the fire under Willis' arse. Who knows what we'll see out of him next year. By not extending him and by making public remarks about bringing in a replacment, I think Marv is doing a good job of backing him into a corner and the only way out is to put up or shut up.

Good points 'GumBoot. He handled it both smoothly AND was able to set limits and expectations at the same time.