Remember last years draft?

Git'er Done

I remember after last years draft thinking "Wow, the Philadelphia Eagles really cleaned up, the best draft. Winston Justice, Broderick Bunkley! Wow".

Lots of Bunkley posts here. Well go check out some Eagles message boards.

Lots of Winston posts here. see above.

I bought the hype.

I'm not writing these guys off just yet, but give the Bills some credit, they had a solid draft that looks better as time goes on (to me at least)

This draft the Bills will target some guys and position themselves to pick them. They want guys who are good teammates, are competitive, work on improving, basically guys that will make good pros.

There are lots of things to consider beyond the players' on field performance. For example, if a guy is selfish, a locker room lawyer, or balling his teammates girlfriends etc. we might not hear about it, but these things affect the team as a whole.

I also think the scouting staffs' college connections play a big role (or should). They seem to be well connected at Ohio State, but I really wanna know who (if anyone) the Bills talked to at Texas about Mike Williams, did they get a ringing endorsement from the Texas coaching staff? The signs of him lacking "heart" had to be there.

Also, leave Marv alone! He is on the right path.

seriously. A friend of mine worked with an ex-Longhorn and it turns out that Big Mike was known as "Cupcake" among the team at Texas because he wouldn't do anything but the bare minimum and didn't even like doing that.

I just wonder if the staff at Texas gave him a good referral or if the Bill ignored what the staff told them (or if they even talked to anyone at Texas at all). I'm still convinced that a big reason for Jimmy Johnson's success was his knowledge and connections in the college ranks, and of course all the high picks he had to work with.

The Bills felt real good about Whitner because one of the Bills (I think it was Fletcher) knew him well, and they obviously have a good relationship with the OU staff.

I'm hoping that the hiring of the Boise State coach (Kugler)will give the Bills some more insight into the WAC. I should check out who some of the top players from that conference are. I would think the Bills might draft a guy from Boise State, especially in the lower rounds.