Bills ESPN field pass on sportscenter

Fingon

The whole segment is called FILL TIME. Come on, exactly what is the point of "predicting" for next year based on "0" off seasons moves (OK, maybe a few teams changed coaches).

Please at least wait for free agency to start before you run this pointless crap.

The whole segment is called FILL TIME. Come on, exactly what is the point of "predicting" for next year based on "0" off seasons moves (OK, maybe a few teams changed coaches).

Please at least wait for free agency to start before you run this pointless crap.

i'll take football "fill time" over more basketball "highlights" every time.

I hate people saying that we should draft Leon Hall. The corners do not make the d-lineman better, it's the other way around. Leon Hall would be a major drop off from Nate Clements (at least in his first couple of years) So how would this make us any better?? I say take the best available D-Lineman since Levi Brown isn't worth the 12th pick and Joe Thomas will be long gone. My list would go like this:

1. Alan Branch

2. Jamal Anderson

3. Gaines Adams

4. Amakoye Obekye (no idea how to spell that)

I hate people saying that we should draft Leon Hall. The corners do not make the d-lineman better, it's the other way around. Leon Hall would be a major drop off from Nate Clements (at least in his first couple of years) So how would this make us any better??

our corners helped Schobel lead the league in sacks this year(im not counting drug-users in the league's stats)

and EVERYONE is going to be a major drop off from NC. right now we're going looking to replace him with our #2 CB and a 3rd round pick who couldnt be activated last year.

im all for taking a DL myself, but if the front office thinks that McCargo is going to be able to step up and they feel that CB is our top need on defense, im down with taking Hall.

(anything but a WR or RB really)

i'll take football "fill time" over more basketball "highlights" every time.

Ditto.

I hate people saying that we should draft Leon Hall. The corners do not make the d-lineman better, it's the other way around. Leon Hall would be a major drop off from Nate Clements (at least in his first couple of years) So how would this make us any better?? I say take the best available D-Lineman since Levi Brown isn't worth the 12th pick and Joe Thomas will be long gone. My list would go like this:

1. Alan Branch

2. Jamal Anderson

3. Gaines Adams

4. Amakoye Obekye (no idea how to spell that)

It works both ways. Good corners make a porous D-line better, and a good D-line make a porous secondary better. You can't just mix and pick what you want to be true. If we let Nate Clements go, our secondary is going to take a HUGE blow. In fact I believe a good LB core can make a D-Line look better than they really are. Personally I would focus on Secondary, and the Linebacking core, and try to fill in the holes of the D-Line elsewhere.

Not better that the Jets, huh? I think any predictions on what the EAST will do is premature. We are going to be one of the toughest divisons next season, and offseason moves will show us how good the Fins and Jets will be. Remember, the Jets don't have two first round picks in a stocked draft class this year. Plus, Chad did not miss at least 4 games this past season, like he always does, so he should miss 8 games next season ...

Not better that the Jets, huh? I think any predictions on what the EAST will do is premature. We are going to be one of the toughest divisons next season, and offseason moves will show us how good the Fins and Jets will be. Remember, the Jets don't have two first round picks in a stocked draft class this year. Plus, Chad did not miss at least 4 games this past season, like he always does, so he should miss 8 games next season ...

Can you explain the bolded part?

It have should read, "be in one of the toughest ..." But, I assume you mean why I think it will be tough. The Pats come off of a great season by having seemingly less talent than the year before, so I have a tough time thinking they will fall off profoundly. The Jets made the playoffs, so they should improve at least somewhat through the draft and free agency. So, going into the season we are looking at likely two teams with playoffs on the mind. The Bills, I hope, will improve and contend for a playoff spot. I think the Fins will improve from last year, Ricky and Daunte should, (the key word) bring them some skill at, well, skill positions. This means we are looking at least at three teams with legit playoff hopes, Bills, Pats, Jets. I just think with three teams at around the same level, I think the Bills are getting very close to NE and NYJ, this season could produce some tight games, and a tight race for the division crown. I think the lack of a runaway favorite in the East could make every game a real battle. My point: there may not be any "easy" games in the East next season. Hope I cleared it up.

It have should read, "be in one of the toughest ..." But, I assume you mean why I think it will be tough. The Pats come off of a great season by having seemingly less talent than the year before, so I have a tough time thinking they will fall off profoundly. The Jets made the playoffs, so they should improve at least somewhat through the draft and free agency. So, going into the season we are looking at likely two teams with playoffs on the mind. The Bills, I hope, will improve and contend for a playoff spot. I think the Fins will improve from last year, Ricky and Daunte should, (the key word) bring them some skill at, well, skill positions. This means we are looking at least at three teams with legit playoff hopes, Bills, Pats, Jets. I just think with three teams at around the same level, I think the Bills are getting very close to NE and NYJ, this season could produce some tight games, and a tight race for the division crown. I think the lack of a runaway favorite in the East could make every game a real battle. My point: there may not be any "easy" games in the East next season. Hope I cleared it up.

Maybe it is just me, but for the one of the first times in YEARS, I have a pessimistic look on the AFC East. I would usually say "Pats will kick ..." etc. Yet Brady will be back next year, with basically the same porous WR's. The Patriots defense looks as if it will worsen, as Seau will be ANOTHER year older, and they will probably lose Samuel to Free Agency. I guess the good thing for them is that Maroney has a year under his belt. The Jets? Come on man. The Jets barely squeeked in the playoffs. We should have beaten them in the first game, and they should have lost a few other games down the schedule. Luck will sometimes swing to the other team, and I expect the Jets to feel that next year. The Fins, have no hope (IMO) for next year. Daunte? I HOPE Culpepper is their QB. We had a ton of fun with him last year, as did the rest of the league before he went on IR.