Would u guys want........

K-Gun10

The article states:

The cover two scheme installed by Marinelli and his staff last season does not demand great coverage skills. Instead, it requires cornerbacks to be more proficient in zones and combination packages and to excel in run support.

Playing in the new scheme in 2006, Bly registered three interceptions, his lowest total since 2002. There were times last year that the eight-year veteran, who might have the best hands of any cornerback in the NFL, appeared uncomfortable in the defense

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate to give up a draft pick for him when we can get others for free right now.

Depends with Dre Bly, I think he has problems staying healthy. Also he is a bit undersized. However, Dick Jauron would be familiar with him and exactly what it is that he brings to the table. If they unload him for like a 6th round pick, I say why not pick up a guy like that.

How many sixth round picks in the past 5 years have gone on to be starter-caliber players in this league.

Depends with Dre Bly, I think he has problems staying healthy. Also he is a bit undersized. However, Dick Jauron would be familiar with him and exactly what it is that he brings to the table. If they unload him for like a 6th round pick, I say why not pick up a guy like that.

How many sixth round picks in the past 5 years have gone on to be starter-caliber players in this league.

Where did you get the sixth round pick scenario?

Where did you get the sixth round pick scenario?

Im just using it as an example. Since its not like Bly is tearing up the league the past couple years I doubt Detroit will be looking for a high pick in exchange for him, likely no higher than a 3rd, if that, and possibly as low as a 5th or 6th. Since we dont have a 5th this year I used the 6th for my example.

The point of my argument is that sometimes its better to trade your later picks for a so-so stopgap type guy who starts for a year than to get an average depth guy who never starts and only makes minor contributions for a few years. Get what Im tryin to say?

Im just using it as an example. Since its not like Bly is tearing up the league the past couple years I doubt Detroit will be looking for a high pick in exchange for him, likely no higher than a 3rd, if that, and possibly as low as a 5th or 6th. Since we dont have a 5th this year I used the 6th for my example.

The point of my argument is that sometimes its better to trade your later picks for a so-so stopgap type guy who starts for a year than to get an average depth guy who never starts and only makes minor contributions for a few years. Get what Im tryin to say?

If it's a sixth- sure I would do it,but I don't see that being very tempting to the Lions.

No. No. And No.

but, we won't have to worry about it. he will be looking to go somewhere that plays man coverage. if anyone bothered to read the article, it says that he was unhappy and looked lost in the Cover 2 system. his numbers back that up. why would the Bills want to bring in a player who looked was unhappy and looked lost in the very system they run???

this is not fantasy football, people. the Bills will be looking for players that fit their system, not necessarily high-profile names that fit like square pegs in a round hole.