Sirius Radio predicts free-agent

Buffalo Mike1

On occasion, the Pats WILL pay top dollar. ie: Roosevelt Colvin

Shhhh...facts suck for MDB.

The fact of the matter is that the Patriots will do what they always do. They will determine how valuable Thomas is in terms of cap dollars, and they will offer him a contract that corresponds to that set value. If he accepts, great. If he does not, the team will pursue other value-based avenues.

It's not about "top dollar," MDB - the Pats will pay anything as long as they feel it's in their interest to do so (that is to say, if they feel a player's value matches whatever "top dollar" is). It's been their ability to view players rationally - and not become so enamored of a single one that they pay whatever it takes to get him - that has led to much of their success.

The "Patriots mystique?" Please, you'd now be better served talking about the possibility of meeting Giselle as a better reason to sign with them.

And yes HD, I've heard about the "value" they place on their players, hence my comments. Needless to say that their value usually doesn't correspond with the player's own perceived value.

And I go by what I see, not media reports. I just use them when they confirm what I've noticed. And players notice it as well.