Claytons take on the Bills next season

if all it takes is to please the fan base is to sign someone big in the offseason then maybe we were better off under Donahoe.

It's not a matter of doing damage to the salary cap - its about avoiding overspending on that particular player and instead leaving yourself the flexibility to make moves that you think would better help the team.

When are they EVER going to use that "flexibility" if not this season. The Bills went cheap last year, the year before that, the year before that...

We have $40 million under the cap. We better spend some money.

When are they EVER going to use that "flexibility" if not this season. The Bills went cheap last year, the year before that, the year before that...

We have $40 million under the cap. We better spend some money.

Fair enough. If we don't do squat in FA then it will be pretty frustrating. But just cause we don't go after one of the top available guys doesn't mean that we aren't doing anything if we're bringing in guys that they really believe are going to help the team.

Fair enough. If we don't do squat in FA then it will be pretty frustrating. But just cause we don't go after one of the top available guys doesn't mean that we aren't doing anything if we're bringing in guys that they really believe are going to help the team.

No, they must do more than that. They can't repeat last offseason's gameplan. That would be unacceptable.

The Bills are a "work in progress" that still has many question marks yet to be answered. Meaning that giving 8 million a year with a 20 million signing bonus to one player, even though they have the cap space to do this, could seriously handcuff the team down the road.

Here's the breakdown of what's ahead (if all of our players play to what's now expected of them):

Losman = 6-7 million per + signing bonus

Evans = 8 million per + signing bonus

Peters will eventually be in line for a renegotiation = 6 million per + signing bonus

Unless the Bills strike it rich in the drafting of a new RB and #2WR. These positions will cost a lot of cap dollars.

Having so many young talented starters (Crowell, Whitner, Simspon, Williams, Ellison, Pennington) means they'll all be coming up on FA at around the same time. This will be a problem if the Bills don't have the cap money left.

I'm ok with the Bills offering Clements 7 million with a 15 million signing bonus, beyond that the Bills could be doing a diservice to eventually having a very good "well balanced" team in the future. My support would then switch to Youboty, who could eventually be better than Clements for all anyone knows.

that is an excellent point and i agree with you one hundred percent. Id love for us to resign Kiwakee Thomas too hes pretty underrrated i think