Anyone upgrading to vista today?

Corp000085

Hell yeah I'll install it.... once SP 2 is released!

:wacko:

From what little I've read, it spiffs up graphics (and so resource requirements), and does a better job of file searches and integrates some communications stuff.

For a goodly number of users - non-issues. I just hope MS don't end up sticking the knife into XP...

So far so good...definitely thinking about adding another 1gb of ram (total of 2) to improve the experience

Have you tried ReadyBoost? That allows you to hook up a thumb drive that Vista uses to swap items in memory faster. From what some of my friends say, it actually works pretty well.

Here's how to bypass Microsoft's compliance check -- and laugh while you're doing it.

First, boot from the Vista upgrade install disk. It'll ask for your key - don't give it. It'll then ask what version you bought - select that. The trial version will now install. Reboot and repeat, this time providing your key and choosing a clean install. Voila - one running copy of Vista from one disk.

Have you tried ReadyBoost? That allows you to hook up a thumb drive that Vista uses to swap items in memory faster. From what some of my friends say, it actually works pretty well.

Haven't yet, as I don't have any flash drives...I typically use my mp3 player or a cd/dvd for short term storage.

I hear that ReadyBoost is pretty cool - I did read that 512mb of flash memory provided something like a 37% boost in performance (while 2gb only provided like 42%). Seems like 512 is the magic number.