Bills' (and ex-Bills') mentions in TMQ this week

merlin

All-Unwanted All-Pros

All-Unwanted All Pros: Each year Tuesday Morning Quarterback names the All-Unwanted All Pros -- the NFL's best players who went undrafted, or were let go, or both. My definition of "let go" is hazy. Traded players do not qualify as let go, since their teams got something in return. Players whose original teams could not keep them for salary cap reasons don't qualify. But anyone who was waived or who left in free agency when his original team made no bona-fide attempt to retain him can make my squad. An asterisk means the player has been let go more than once, or went undrafted and was also let go; boldface means the player belongs in the real Pro Bowl. You'll see a lot of boldface in my All-Unwanted All-Pros, which tells you just how many successful NFL performers were originally shrugged at by the experts.

List includes:

First Team

OFFENSIVE LINE

Ruben Brown, Chicago (was waived in 2003 as washed up)

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN

Bryce Fisher,* Seattle (graduate of the Air Force Academy, where they make you attend class!)

Pat Williams,* Minnesota (undrafted; Minnesota's incredible figure of just 2.8 yards per rush allowed is largely this large gentlemen's doing)

LINEBACKERS

London Fletcher,* Buffalo (undrafted after playing DIII in college; since 2000 has more tackles than Ray Lewis or Zach Thomas)

Second Team

OFFENSIVE LINE

Jason Peters,* Buffalo (undrafted and waived twice; was a tight end in college)

KICKING TEAMS

Punter: Brian Moorman,* Buffalo

Long-snapper: Jon Dorenbos,* Philadelphia (during offseason, works as a magician in Vegas)

.... and then there's this:

Belichick Ensemble Watch: On Sunday not only did he go with the cutoff hoodie again, Belichick had a wooden pencil in his ear. But he doesn't hold anything to write on, so why did he need a pencil? At the current rate of deterioration in Belichick's willingness to dress up in public, by midseason 2007 he will be wearing painter's coveralls and sandals on the sideline.

:thumbsup::(

Wasn't Pat williams more of a Salary cap casualty?

I thought they let him go because he was going to cost them too much, not because they thought he wasn't good

It is because Tom Donahoe decided to keep Sam Adams instead of re-signing Pat.