Guitar question

Corp000085

Read it somewhere, and was going from memory (read it 20 or so years ago in a guitar mag). I'll have to dig it up, because although I wasn't sure about a bass string being the low E (and if it were a light-gauge string tuned down a half step, it should be entirely possible - if you can get the string on the guitar, like you said), I'm dead-nuts positive the article said the "G" was wound.

I'll have to try putting a bass string on a guitar. I've got an old Dean I'm willing to sacrifice - haven't played guitar in seven or so years, anyway.

Also going from ancient memories, I believe acoustic 12 strings are typically tuned a whole step lower to reduce the tension on the neck of the extra harmonic strings.

For my money, I've always considered Leo Kottke as THE 12 string player.

Leo doing his thing.

I wouldn't go as far to say electrics are all easier than acoustics...it has more to do with the quality and craftsmanship of each. A nice 3 grand Martin is going to play far better than a 50 dollar Rogue and a 2,000 Les Paul is gonna feel so much better than a Jap knockoff...trust me I know, I love my black LP :rolleyes:

That SRV video was absolutely amazing, its too bad MTV doesnt do unplugged anymore. Then again, if they did all their "artists" would be singing acapella and we really dont wanna hear that unmixed/retouched warbling.