How good was youboty in college?

zevo

I saw him play every game. Youboty started out pretty poor actually. He was generally the one picked on by opposing quarterbacks. In his last year at Ohio State, however, he really caught on. He became the Buckeye's shut-down corner and against Michigan made Braylon Edwards (the #3 pick a few years back) a non-factor. Youboty has the ability and the past history of being a playmaker as well.

With that said, I don't think that Youboty is in the same mold as Antoine Winfield and Nate Clements. There is a reason why both of them went in the first round and Youboty was taken in the 3rd.

Another factor to consider. Youboty's passion for football actually surrounded his mother. Going to the NFL would give him the money needed to bring his mother over to the United States. When his mother died, his life and purpose for living probably took a great hit (and is why he mourned for so long). The worst case scenerio is that his passion for football may have also gone and he won't be as good in the pros as he was showing glimpses of in college.

I never got to see him play either, so I'll just post a bio:

BIO: Two-year starter awarded All-Conference honors as a junior after posting 56/1/9. Tied for the Big 10 lead in interceptions as a sophomore with four.

POSITIVES: Nice-sized prospect who flashes ability as a shutdown corner. Fluid transitioning off the line, quick closing to the play and offers solid ball skills. Strong at the point and physically beats down opponents to defend the throw. Has a burst of closing speed breaking to the throw.

NEGATIVES: Suffered a hip pointer in the middle of his junior season and struggled during the second half of the year. Does not display a good sense of timing or wherewithal. Bites on play-action passes and seems to forget where he is on the field.

ANALYSIS: A good athlete with exceptional corner size, at times Youboty looked like a dominant player the past two years. Struggling down the stretch of '05, he offers tremendous potential yet has a ways to go before he is considered a complete player.