Sabres slump

NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR BUFFALO RIGHT NOW. They better get their act together.

If heading into the All-Star break getting five out of a possible eight points is a slump, I guess I'll take it.

I know they all haven't been pretty lately but it's a long season LSI. Chill out captain.

By the way, exactly one year ago this weekend the Sabres dropped an ugly 4-1 game to Calgary capping off a stretch that saw them lose four of six games. Remember how much that mattered in May?

well, we haven't been playing as well has we had earlier this season.

It's easy to get discouraged after getting used to seeing them win all the time, but you really have to keep things in perspective. As long as they are one of the top 8 teams in the east when the season ends, it doesn't really matter. Look at the Oilers last year. All that matters is how you play during the playoffs.

Chill out captain.

How did you know I was a captain? Who told you? :D:D

It's easy to get discouraged after getting used to seeing them win all the time, but you really have to keep things in perspective. As long as they are one of the top 8 teams in the east when the season ends, it doesn't really matter. Look at the Oilers last year. All that matters is how you play during the playoffs.

Alright. I take you word for it.

NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR BUFFALO RIGHT NOW. They better get their act together.

(What I mean is they aren't playing well. LATELY!)

Should we be concerned?

I am not so concerned about the team playing .500 hockey for the last month or so...it is a luxury they can afford, after an amazing start, over an 82 game schedule. However, I am getting a little concerned about the special teams play. Over the last few weeks, the PP has been so bad, I am starting to dread seeing the Sabres with the man advantage. The penalty killing units haven't been much better. Something is lacking there...

I wasn't too worried about it at first, but the excuse everyone seems to be giving is the abscence of Tim Connoly...well, he has been gone since last season! They are playing dreadful with the man advantage. It is not just a matter of good goaltending, or not being able to "finish". They just can't get set up. Montreal continues to make them look foolish. They spent an average of about 1:30 of every power play last night, just mucking around in their own end, as one Canadian player seemed to be able to neutralize them.

With all of the offensive talent on this team, it seems like someone should be able to give them some spark. Connoly may never be back. If they are waiting for him, they are fugged! I know Lindy Ruff has been harping on this as well, but there hasn't been any consistant improvement. Are they missing Scott Arneil that much?

The only solace I take in this, is that the last time the Sabres went to the finals, if I recall correctly, their PP unit was amongst the very worst in the leauge, during the regular season. During the playoffs, however, they were on fire, and carried them 6 games into the final round.

I am not so concerned about the team playing .500 hockey for the last month or so...it is a luxury they can afford, after an amazing start, over an 82 game schedule. However, I am getting a little concerned about the special teams play. Over the last few weeks, the PP has been so bad, I am starting to dread seeing the Sabres with the man advantage. The penalty killing units haven't been much better. Something is lacking there...

I wasn't too worried about it at first, but the excuse everyone seems to be giving is the abscence of Tim Connoly...well, he has been gone since last season! They are playing dreadful with the man advantage. It is not just a matter of good goaltending, or not being able to "finish". They just can't get set up. Montreal continues to make them look foolish. They spent an average of about 1:30 of every power play last night, just mucking around in their own end, as one Canadian player seemed to be able to neutralize them.

With all of the offensive talent on this team, it seems like someone should be able to give them some spark. Connoly may never be back. If they are waiting for him, they are fugged! I know Lindy Ruff has been harping on this as well, but there hasn't been any consistant improvement. Are they missing Scott Arneil that much?

The only solace I take in this, is that the last time the Sabres went to the finals, if I recall correctly, their PP unit was amongst the very worst in the leauge, during the regular season. During the playoffs, however, they were on fire, and carried them 6 games into the final round.

Good post.

No reason to panic yet...but it is time to face reality: Sabres PP has been dreadful and this 'slump' has been over the last month...

Waiting for Tim Connolly to come in and fix everything is not realistic. The Sabres PP does not respond well when teams pressure the point. Something needs to be fixed....paging Scott Arniel...

I would not mind seeing the Sabres going out and getting a guy like Craig Conroy...he is a vet...and he would be hungry to win a Cup

I would not mind seeing the Sabres going out and getting a guy like Craig Conroy...he is a vet...and he would be hungry to win a Cup

It will be interesting to see if the Sabres make any moves at all, before the trade deadline...