More of the same!

4everBills

For a decade now, and really before that even. I have watched the Bills do the following:

1) Defense steps way up, offense does absolute ZIP they dont win a SB

2) Offense steps way up, defense does ZIP, they dont win a SB

3) Neither the QB, Front Office, or Head Coaches can manage to motivate this squad into doing what it takes to win games

4) And most annoyingly, the Bills do just enough to NOT get the #1 pick, have it be PERFECTLY clear that the HC needs to go pronto, Have it be PERFECTLY clear that the talent at position x,y, and/or z is not even frikkin close to being good enough

5) And without a doubt the most gaulling of all, NEVER EVER have ANYTHING work in your favor.

Now, This is what I see from the Bills THIS year:

1) Mularkey basically equals Williams so far. 4 games and Im still not sure he realizes that Evans can win games for you. He catches the best of ALL the WR's and is the fastest Bill. Yet it took till the 4th quarter in this game to realize it and throw a single ball his way.

2) Mularkey equals Williams. Yet another head coach that the players dont respect because of ZERO Head Coach pedigree. Players on a losing team respond by not playing like winners.

3) In true Bills fashion we may end up with our WORST record ever and consequently the highest draft pick ever but it goes to another team in a pre-season trade. Just our frikkin luck...see #5 above.

4) The talent is there to win the SB. So talent is NOT the issue.

5) Again as is the case usually for the Bills because of #5 above, Drew will win just enough games to have us have some slim hope of playoffs and keep Losman OUT of the starting job. Losman wont get the reps he needs to be our future as soon as possible and we can look forward to losing even more games.

What has to be done as fans:

We must insist by relentlessly demanding the following at every opportunity we get be it e-mail, phone in, press conference, etc...:

1) and most importantly we need to stop acting like the Bills players and Coaches and making excuses for this team. #2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 are all based on #1.

2) Demand that TD get over his ego and sign a HC that has a true winners attitude with a pedigree to match. YES EVEN IF IT MEANS TRADING DRAFT PICKS TO DO IT!

3) AFTER our winning minded HC is here announce that Losman is our starter.

4) Continue to trade from strength to add studs in weak positions

5) SIGN TOP NOTCH PLAYERS!!!!! Especially on the OL.

6) Do not EVER take for granted the benefit of adding star potential skill positions when you get the chance.

7) Do not EVER be afraid to bench ANYONE who isnt performing!

8) Do NOT EVER assume that ANY other team should be a model for this one! See #5 above. If it can go wrong for the Bills, it usually will.

To be the best, we must be much better than everyone else at everything to finally be able to get out of our own way!

4) The talent is there to win the SB. So talent is NOT the issue.

64119[/snapback]

Uhhhh...what do you base THAT statement on? Are you talking about our O-line or QB? Brian Moorman is the only Super Bowl caliber player on this squad. The rest couldn't beat the UB Bulls.

PTR

Guest BackInDaDay
we must be much better than everyone else at everything

64119[/snapback]

Gotta love the kid's passion :doh:

Reminds me of Belushi's speech in Animal House. :doh:

Guest I just tried to step up to the p

Im going to try to put my money where my mouth is.

Here is the post I made at buffalobills.com:

Mr. Donahoe,

I Respect the moves you have made to add talent to this team. You have always been willing to make trades when you need something. Drew, JP, Peerless. We now have our 2nd Head Coach who has no head coaching pedigree. Other teams have been willing to trade for great head coaches, Patriots and Jets come to mind. Why wont you? Please dont respond with comments about how Head Coach Mularkey is a fine coach. He may very well be, our record is what it is. Many believe that this team needs a head coach that the players must respect; that this team is now full of a losing attitude. Only a head coach with a winning resume can make complacant players believe they can win. Why would you not trade picks to get a big name head coach? What did you learn from the much publicized Bill Cowher situation?

The post may never get responded to, but hopefully it will be at least viewed. Ill keep at it. Maybe next time with comments about having our QB, RB, WR but needing a HC still.