The good and the bad from the game...

LabattBlue

I didn't get to see the game live, but I just watched the tape. A few thoughts...

First the good...

Thomas, McGee & Greer all look good and appear to be the team's 3rd, 4th & 5th CB's.

WM showed some quickness getting to the corner for the TD and looked good on his first run. Didn't seem to do much else, but I'll chalk that up to not playing behind the first team OL.

Lindell had a couple of nice kickoffs and was solid on the 49 yarder with the game on the line.

Moulds is going to be great this year.

Kelsay had a couple of nice plays against the run.

McGee IS OUR KICK RETURNER. Two things on the 85 yarder. One, he made a guy miss at about the 25 yard line and then right after that he seemed to explode into a second gear. Combined with some efforts from last year, this competition is done. game, set, match.

Neufeld made a nice grab and firms up my belief that it will be Campbell, Neufeld & Euhus as the 3 TE's.

Could be a battle between Simonton & Williams for the 3rd RB spot. Both had nice runs called back by penalty. I think Burns will be the odd man out.

The bad...

Penalties...enough said.

Schobel still seems to have a problem with over running plays. It appears that he is still getting caught going upfield on to many runs.

There seemed to be a problem with the first team defense on at least a few running plays between the tackles, where the DT's were out of position instead of maintaining their turf.

No pass rush.

I was hoping to see the Bills make an attempt to get the ball to Lee Evans and let's see if he is ready to be a starter on opening day.

Referee Johnny Grier loves to see and hear himself on camera. Isn't the old saying that a referee doing a good job is one who is not noticed??

That's all.

"Referee Johnny Grier loves to see and hear himself on camera. Isn't the old saying that a referee doing a good job is one who is not noticed??"

Haven't watched the tape yet. Did they mention NFL director of officiating Mike Periera (sp?) was in the house? Refs playing CYA in a preseason game. Great, just what we needed.

Last year the Bills kept 3 TE's and 2 FB's. This year I think they keep 4 TE's ad 1 FB, with the 4th TE being Peters who is raw but has potential. Neufeld will serve as a backup FB/H-back. As for the defense, it sucked last pre-season as well. None of the older guys (read the DT's, Vincent, and Milloy) are going to risk injury for a meaningless pre-season game, just like they didn't last pre-season.

Archived