Eli Manning is a 54.1% completion QB in 41 NFL starts

ganesh

Vow....54.1% and he has his team in the playoffs back to back years.....

If the Bills can strengthen that defense and improve the OL, they can be in the playoffs...

That # is also reflective of how bad the NFC is.....

7. I think this is a pretty important offseason for Eli Manning's development. He's a 54.1-percent passer in 41 NFL games. That's just not good enough. When is the last time you watched the Giants play and said, "Great play by Eli?'' And though he's plucky and nonplussed by the craziness of New York, his continued inconsistency and accuracy problems stunt drives game after game. The Giants have to shake up Manning's world. The best plan? A new coach and the hiring of Tennessee offensive coordinator David Cutcliffe (if he'd come) as coordinator or quarterback coach. Cutcliffe is Manning's college coach, the best coaching mentor Manning has ever had.

I have believed since 2004 that if Eli's last name was Schwartz, he would not have been the #1 overall pick. He was well-developed for a college QB, but I didn't think he was a franchise builder. The whole copycat league was in full-boner mode for Peyton, and Eli was the beneficiary. I think he was worthy of a 1st round pick, but not #1 overall.

And then to get drafted and force a trade? Remarkable. Eli is one of the last QB's in the league that I would want, just because he seems like a total toolbox. It's hard to rally for the guy who looks like he's going to cry, or throw up, or both. His "Aww shucks" country boy attitude would get old around Buffalo after losing 6 out of 7 in a playoff race. I think the NY media has been semi-restrained with criticism of Eli. He has not gotten a free pass by any means, but I think the coach has felt most of the scorn.

2007 could be much more difficult. No Tiki to hand off/dump off to, and no Coughlin to throw the blame at...The bullseye will be on Manning if the team underperforms again.