2007 Schedule

Buffan00

Cinncy, Phily, NYG, Baltimore, Jax, Dallas, Denver....WTF?? That is a TOUGH Stretch!!! Guess we'll see what the boys are made of!!! Go Bills!

Actually, it all depends upon what happens and games that look tough (NYJ beat us at home and was in the midst of a playoff achieving run but we beat the snot out of them in their house, the Detroit game looked like one could win on the road based on their poor play the last few years and in retrospect they were simply bad this season, and if the Ravens had clinched homefield before they plate us and were resting folks this game might have been very different) now and vice versa could be very different.

However, as it stands now before reality lets us know how these games will be:

Cincy- This historically bad team revived under Lewis but they melted down as the season ended and just as our 5-11 team handled them in our house last season, at this point we likely would be comfortably favored at home against this team. It xertainly does not scare me.

Philly- If playing like they were at the end of the season they likely would be favored on the road, but perhaps we catch a break and McNabb comes back

NYG- If playing like they were at the end of the season we likely would be favored at home, perhaps we catch an additional break and we get them before Coughlin gets canned.

Baltimore- They handled us niftily on the road this year as they fought for a first week bye, but at least we get them in our house next year though we likely would still be an underdog

Jax- This wayward team does not scare me at all, Perhaps we get this FLA team in a late season blizzard (though given lake effect snow it may be better for them to come in October for snow).

Dallas- This team does not scare me in our house either, perhaps Bledsoe sticks around to give us even more incentive after Romo bollicksed yesterday's game.

Denver- All bets our off as to how this team responds to the drive-by shooting but again the game is here rather than having us suck wind at Mile High and we likely are favored.

Depending on how scheduling and the off-season goes, the stretch may not be very scary at all and even other close by road games such as CLE, Pitts should see a few Bills partisans so brutal is not the word at all I would use for this schedule.

Actually, it all depends upon what happens and games that look tough (NYJ beat us at home and was in the midst of a playoff achieving run but we beat the snot out of them in their house, the Detroit game looked like one could win on the road based on their poor play the last few years and in retrospect they were simply bad this season, and if the Ravens had clinched homefield before they plate us and were resting folks this game might have been very different) now and vice versa could be very different.

However, as it stands now before reality lets us know how these games will be:

Cincy- This historically bad team revived under Lewis but they melted down as the season ended and just as our 5-11 team handled them in our house last season, at this point we likely would be comfortably favored at home against this team. It xertainly does not scare me.

Philly- If playing like they were at the end of the season they likely would be favored on the road, but perhaps we catch a break and McNabb comes back

NYG- If playing like they were at the end of the season we likely would be favored at home, perhaps we catch an additional break and we get them before Coughlin gets canned.

Baltimore- They handled us niftily on the road this year as they fought for a first week bye, but at least we get them in our house next year though we likely would still be an underdog

Jax- This wayward team does not scare me at all, Perhaps we get this FLA team in a late season blizzard (though given lake effect snow it may be better for them to come in October for snow).

Dallas- This team does not scare me in our house either, perhaps Bledsoe sticks around to give us even more incentive after Romo bollicksed yesterday's game.

Denver- All bets our off as to how this team responds to the drive-by shooting but again the game is here rather than having us suck wind at Mile High and we likely are favored.

Depending on how scheduling and the off-season goes, the stretch may not be very scary at all and even other close by road games such as CLE, Pitts should see a few Bills partisans so brutal is not the word at all I would use for this schedule.

Rose colored glasses much??? :pirate: Yeah, its brutal!!

Rose colored glasses much??? :pirate: Yeah, its brutal!!

I think she's right. Baltimore, Cincy, Dallas, NYG, and Denver would all scare the hell out of me if they were road games. But they're all coming to Orchard Park. There's no reason we can't beat at least three of those teams (I'm thinking Bengals, Cowboys, Giants, maybe even Broncos) at home. That's a tough stretch of teams for sure, but I think the mere fact that they're all home games makes it seem do-able.

Jacksonville doesn't scare me at home or on the road.

Philly is a miserable road game, I'll give ya that.

Cinncy, Phily, NYG, Baltimore, Jax, Dallas, Denver....WTF?? That is a TOUGH Stretch!!! Guess we'll see what the boys are made of!!! Go Bills!

You're going a bit overboard. Philly, Baltimore and Denver will be tough games (not impossible, just very tough to pull the win out). The other teams you mentioned are not all that good. In fact, I expect the Bills to be better than those teams next season.

There's no arguing it's going to be a tough schedule next year. It seems all the teams we are playing next year were in the playoffs this year or on the cusp. There's no doubt we are going to have to earn a playoff spot next year, no free rides like the Jets this year.

Can we do it? Yes. With a positive offseason we could beat any of those teams away or home. The guys are really going to have to bring it next year, and we are not going to have the luxury of hiding our deficincies behind an easy schedule. Our record is probably going to very accurately reflect our talent level next year.

I posted this in another thread, repeating it again.

The Bills are going to play the AFC East, AFC North and NFC East next season. The teams in these 3 divisions play physical football (none of the finesse crap like the hawks, 49ers etc). That is 14 of our 16 games. If we don't build our OL and DL and control the line of scrimmage, we will be battered by these teams. None of these games will be a given. This draft and FA is going to be crucial for Marv and Jauron to build the lines on both sides of the football. If we don't we will linger at the bottom of the AFC East next season.