Dolphin Fans

Cynical

Found this *profound* statement on a Phin fan baord:

(Nick, good luck looking a recruit and/or his parents in the eye and persuading them that: (1) you'll be the coach at Alabama for their son's full career there; (2) their son will be a starter; and/or (3) their son will be better prepared to play in the NFL if he plays for Alabama.)

Saban has not even begun recruiting, and already is having an impact:

this propspect was leaning towards Florida:

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=14&p=8&am...amp;nid=2363670

but now:

"He (Sidell) was thinking about not even visiting Alabama, but now you have to look at Alabama hard again," says the father of McGill-Toolen defensive end Sidell Corley. "If you're a recruit in this state or in the southeast, or if you want to play in the SEC, you need to give Alabama a very serious look. Saban changes everything."

this prospect is undecided between Auburn, Miami, or Bama:

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&am...amp;nid=2482143

and now:

"Auburn has a good program and Miami will land on their feet with Coach [Randy] Shannon," says Hoover blue-chip defensive tackle Kerry Murphy. "But Nick Saban at Alabama kind of blows it out of the water."

It sure looks like Saban is going to have a hard time recruiting.

Link for quotes

As for their sons being "better prepared to play in the NFL", may I suggest

DT - Kyle Williams

I had some pity for Dolphin fans considering what had happened, but now, the best thing that this country could do is cut off South Florida and boot the damn thing towards Havana. They would not notice the difference anyways.

I don't feel bad for the Dolphins at all. Look at Nick's history, he has bounced around pretty regularly. They knew that when they hired him. It really sucks for LSU that he jumped ship for a year-and-a-half, and then returns to coach in the same conference, saying "My heart is in college football." But with that crystal football sitting in the trophy case, I'm sure the Tigers can't be too upset...

He definitely changes the recruiting landscape in the SEC. Alabama was bumping into Vandy and Kentucky on the recruiting trail two weeks ago...Now they're cruising with Florida and LSU...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.