Peerless' YPC?

MrLocke

Peerless Price has 45 catches this season, but only has 377 yards for an 8.4 average ypc. If you had told me Peerless was going to catch 45 balls this season I defienetly would have thought he would have around 600 or so yards. People ripped on Moulds for only having a 10.1 average ypc in his last season here. I know now at as much is expected from a #2/#3 WR, but why is Price's YPC so low this season? Is it that he has lost a step or two and we can only expect it to go down from here on out? His last season in Atlanta he averaged 12.8 yards per catch on 45 receptions. Anyway do people consider this a problem or will you be content if this is the kind of production he has the rest of his time in buffalo?

Peerless Price has 45 catches this season, but only has 377 yards for an 8.4 average ypc. If you had told me Peerless was going to catch 45 balls this season I defienetly would have thought he would have around 600 or so yards. People ripped on Moulds for only having a 10.1 average ypc in his last season here. I know now at as much is expected from a #2/#3 WR, but why is Price's YPC so low this season? Is it that he has lost a step or two and we can only expect it to go down from here on out? His last season in Atlanta he averaged 12.8 yards per catch on 45 receptions. Anyway do people consider this a problem or will you be content if this is the kind of production he has the rest of his time in buffalo?

Peerless was never used downfield in this offense. He was used primarily as a possession type receiver. Possession receivers always have lower YPC.

Next year with more development from JP and improved line play you can expect to see Peerless with 700-900 yards receiving. JP tended to look downfield first for Evans and then look below for Price. With a good O-line I think we'll see PP stretch the field more.

I'm very comfortable with him at #2 wideout.

This also goes to show how a player is used within an O has much to do with his stats. No doubt that PP has lost a step or two from his youth and haydays with the Bills (is there anyone out there who has not lost a step as they aged?). However the way players can keep going for a long period of time is that they change their game to take advantage of their increased experience.

In some ways this describes Peerless though overall I think that its gone to an extreme which indicates to me that Fairchild could have either used him more appropriately or if the Bills insist on using their #2 primarily as a possession receiver, they should of.could have gone after a player like FA Joe Jurivicious,

45 catches (with a game to go) is a nice number of catches for a #2 and is not a surprise to me as though some posters seemed to look at PP's speed and the year he suffered a few bad fumbles in critical situations and somehow concluded PP was a wimp.

On the contrary, PP's fumbles that year generally seemed to come when he actually was being too tough and making a second effort with a tackler wrapped around his ankle picking up a couple of meaningless yards. He got clocked as the hanger on set him up for a second tackler and left me wishing he was more of a wimp and simply went down with the first hit rather than getting clocked.

What I think this comes down to is that Fairchild runs his version of the St. L offense so speed receivers like Evans, the ol' Peerless and Parrish are attractive tp him. However, he is trying to make it different by utilizing more ball control which seems to be greater use of the TE (not hard compared to the Rams), and more possession work.

Fairchild made greater use of PP in the possession role this year and PP did step up to the plate as seen in his good number of catches and his showing some nice skill work like in some his footwork on TD catches. However, though he has lost a step, he had a good speed base to work from and I think as shown in a few of his longer receptions this year and the one bomb he caught in pre-season I think he could have been used more as a =downfield threat.

Along with catching a lot of screen passes, I think alot of PPs catches came when JP was under pressure and he would come back for the ball.

I know PP was thrown to short a lot, but I do not recall PP breaking a single tackle all year. He may have I just don't recall it. IMHO we really need a better WR opposite Evans. I thought Reed has had a good year but should stay in the slot. And we should use the slot more often.

I would have liked to see Roscoe play more, but I'm not sure he is the answer either. Actually I thought Davis would have had a bigger O impact. I guess that show my ability to evaluate talent. :o

I know PP was thrown to short a lot, but I do not recall PP breaking a single tackle all year. He may have I just don't recall it. IMHO we really need a better WR opposite Evans. I thought Reed has had a good year but should stay in the slot. And we should use the slot more often.

I would have liked to see Roscoe play more, but I'm not sure he is the answer either. Actually I thought Davis would have had a bigger O impact. I guess that show my ability to evaluate talent. :o

He broke several tackles on his TD catch against the Vikings. Mind you it was 7/17 of Buffalo's points also.

If this is a thread aimed at bashing him I would ask everyone to take into account that although Price hasn't put up huge numbers this year he certainly has made numerous clutch catches.

Texans, Vikings, Pats (1st game but negated by Robtard Royal) and others