Shelton on IR

justnzane

Per the front page of TBD a couple articles have stated that Shelton is on IR and they activated George Wilson. Does this mean that Cieslak is the starting FB?

This is the most devastating news the Bills have had in decades.

Props to Cieslak, he will start at FB next year I predict. Maybe Wilson will have a breakout 13 catch 234 yard game.

It should have been over prior to the regular season! :o

Oooohhh while I totally agree be careful what you say about Shelton around here. I started a "release Shelton" thread prior to the start of the season and I got seriously flamed hardcore for it. Shelton is the 2nd coming to some of the people around here. I seem to remember reading quotes like "I dare you to find a better blocking fullback in the NFL right now" and sh_t like that.

Shelton played horribly this year, all of Willis' decent runs were in the single back set. His false start penalties and virtual worthlessness as an offensive producer should spell his non re-signing.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this too, here's a pre-emptive apology to all of Shelton's boyfriends on TBD.

Prediction: Shelton will be back. We can't do any better without using up (a needed) 3rd round draft choice. Live with it.

How about working with Cieslak as a FB? It might kill two birds with one stone. A mult-threat fullback is an odd find in the NFL.

The receiving skills are already in place, he runs tight routes and I'm sure with some work he could learn how to push forward and gain a few yards.