McGahee well worth a big contract....

genomich

Seems like his personal rivalry with Vilma is the only thing that gets him really going. he might just be a 1800yrd rusher with that type of consistent urgency in his game.

otherwise, i think we will need another talented young back to push him.

Well, he doesn't play every game like he des against the Jets. And,even so, his performances agaisnt the Jets do not remind me in any way of LT,LJ, or Frank Gore. The Bills DO NOT need a young RB to "push" him. The jury is out on WM... they need a young RB to "REPLACE" him.

Well, he doesn't play every game like he des against the Jets. And,even so, his performances agaisnt the Jets do not remind me in any way of LT,LJ, or Frank Gore. The Bills DO NOT need a young RB to "push" him. The jury is out on WM... they need a young RB to "REPLACE" him.

I too think that the Jet's performances are suspect...and WANT A YOUNG RB

Seems like his personal rivalry with Vilma is the only thing that gets him really going. he might just be a 1800yrd rusher with that type of consistent urgency in his game.

otherwise, i think we will need another talented young back to push him.

Hey Einstein, did you ever think that maybe it has something to do with the fact our O line doesn't get to play the Jets D line 16 games a year? Willis gets big yards on the Jets because there are actually holes being created by blockers.

Hey Einstein, did you ever think that maybe it has something to do with the fact our O line doesn't get to play the Jets D line 16 games a year? Willis gets big yards on the Jets because there are actually holes being created by blockers.

LOL

are you really dumb enough to think that the Jets D-line is so bad that they are the only team that the Bills can run against?

I'm pretty sure that there are far worse teams than the Jets run defense the last 3 years.

The original poster is right, Willis only gets up for the Jets because he's trying to outplay Vilma. This just demonstrates how much of an idiot he is, team means nothing, just play well and talk tons of sh_t against an old friend.

That's Willis' only motivation.

LOL

are you really dumb enough to think that the Jets D-line is so bad that they are the only team that the Bills can run against?

I'm pretty sure that there are far worse teams than the Jets run defense the last 3 years.

The original poster is right, Willis only gets up for the Jets because he's trying to outplay Vilma. This just demonstrates how much of an idiot he is, team means nothing, just play well and talk tons of sh_t against an old friend.

No, but perhaps you're enough of a 'tard to thinks that matchups have nothing to do with football. Well, football is ALL about matchups and the Jets just happen to match up poorly against our OL for whatever reason. That doesn't mean they match up poorly against every other team, or even that they're just plain terrible. Nor are they the only team we can run against. They just have consistently been a team we can dominate up front. And most Bills fans would agree that there aren't too many of those. It's way too simplistic to put all that stock in "getting up" for a certain game being all the difference. You won't be in the NFL very long if you only are "up for" 2 games a year. You have no clue as to what any player's motivation is unless you know them personally. So give it a rest,please.The game is won and lost in the trenches and still will be long after WM's playing career is over.

LOL

I agree Willis is not as good as we expected him to be, but nobody can tell me Willis doesn't run hard on every play. All I see from him is busting his hump to stretch out for two or three more yards the line can never give him. He gets a lot of his yards from his own effort. I put all of it on our run-blocking. This has been one of the worst run-blocking team in Buffalo history (I go back to 1975). Sorry if that offends you.

What I see in other RB's I dont see in McGahee..........

With other RB's in the NFL, they are always up for the game they are always pumped ready to play the game, Willis on the other hand is like ok I am here, what do I do now. McGahee dont seem to be in games other then when he plays the Jets due to him and Vilma having war of words every year.

Man when I look at LT and when he was in Buffalo telling the crowd to get louder when his offense was on the field, i loved to see that. That told me LT said bring it, come try and stop me, that the mentality Willis needs to get.

Willis just seems content making money and not about winning......I hope I am wrong. I do like McGahee, I think he can be better then he is now.

Just seems like someone always has to light a fire under his rearend to get him to perfom. He knows noone behind him can start when hes healthy, so he almost half asses it out on the field.....

I dont know........

What I see in other RB's I dont see in McGahee..........

With other RB's in the NFL, they are always up for the game they are always pumped ready to play the game, Willis on the other hand is like ok I am here, what do I do now. McGahee dont seem to be in games other then when he plays the Jets due to him and Vilma having war of words every year.

Man when I look at LT and when he was in Buffalo telling the crowd to get louder when his offense was on the field, i loved to see that. That told me LT said bring it, come try and stop me, that the mentality Willis needs to get.

Willis just seems content making money and not about winning......I hope I am wrong. I do like McGahee, I think he can be better then he is now.

Just seems like someone always has to light a fire under his rearend to get him to perfom. He knows noone behind him can start when hes healthy, so he almost half asses it out on the field.....

I dont know........

I agree with everything here and believe it's going to reflect in the draft. Taking a good RB will be a win win for the Bills. I want to believe that with competition (the so-called fire under his rearend) McGahee really is that good. But, come on, he's a professional athlete, he should posses at least SOME intrinsic motivation. And if he isn't that good even with a rookie nipping at his heels, then I guess what we're left with is his ample replacment. I just can't imagine that the Bills match up SO MUCH better against the Jets than any other team. I think it's a load of crap, frankly, and was actually disappointed when he blew up against them in the second game this year.

I've been saying it all year, I know he's tough, playing through the injuries he's suffered and even coming back after the knee surgery was ballsy. But it seems like the heart ends there, that he's content with just being on the field. Once the game starts that heart and drive seem to all but disappear and the only word that comes to mind is LAZY.

God I wish he would prove me wrong but let's call a spade a spade and his numbers this year are below league average. DO NOT BLAME THE OFFENSIVE LINE. THE ONLY GOOD RUN WILLIS HAD THIS YEAR (long touchdown against NYJ) WAS ALL HIM. It was a broken play and made something from nothing. At some point the running back (THE MAN WITH THE BALL, MIND YOU) has to take some honus and just go go go go. I haven't seen this from Willis since Travis was still in town and I think that reflects poorly on his professionalism, work ethic, and character.

I am not a Willis basher. I only state the facts as they exist. :censored:

I agree with everything here and believe it's going to reflect in the draft. Taking a good RB will be a win win for the Bills. I want to believe that with competition (the so-called fire under his rearend) McGahee really is that good. But, come on, he's a professional athlete, he should posses at least SOME intrinsic motivation. And if he isn't that good even with a rookie nipping at his heels, then I guess what we're left with is his ample replacment. I just can't imagine that the Bills match up SO MUCH better against the Jets than any other team. I think it's a load of crap, frankly, and was actually disappointed when he blew up against them in the second game this year.

I've been saying it all year, I know he's tough, playing through the injuries he's suffered and even coming back after the knee surgery was ballsy. But it seems like the heart ends there, that he's content with just being on the field. Once the game starts that heart and drive seem to all but disappear and the only word that comes to mind is LAZY.

God I wish he would prove me wrong but let's call a spade a spade and his numbers this year are below league average. DO NOT BLAME THE OFFENSIVE LINE. THE ONLY GOOD RUN WILLIS HAD THIS YEAR (long touchdown against NYJ) WAS ALL HIM. It was a broken play and made something from nothing. At some point the running back (THE MAN WITH THE BALL, MIND YOU) has to take some honus and just go go go go. I haven't seen this from Willis since Travis was still in town and I think that reflects poorly on his professionalism, work ethic, and character.

Im not trying to bash McGahee either. I just see better play out of more RB's in the NFL then I do McGahee. Not sure what it is about the guy. Look at Jones-Drew down in Jacksonville, that little guy runs harder then ever on every play. McGahee just seems to lollygag on the field every other play....Maybe its cause we expect so much out of him, it looks like hes not doing much.....

I want the best for McGahee, but I think McGahee is better then what hes shown!

Well, I disagree. Lets call a spade a spade..you ARE a Willis basher. ALL of Willis' best runs are on the perimeter, the edges. This is because we get no push up the middle, between the tackles. Frankly, we get dominated up there. Fowler is a decent pass blocker, but our C and RG get tossed around and don't hold blocks. Many of TH's best runs against us last Sunday were straight up the gut. That is when a runner can really use his momentum and get to that second level. We just don't get those kinds of plays. I've never seen a team more reluctant to run on third and short than the Bills. Why? Because Fairchild doesn't trust the blocking. Plays to the outside are too slow developing on that down an distance with the LOS crowded. But he KNOWS we suck blocking between the tackles. So we throw on 3rd and short consistently. Take the first and goal from the 3 in the first quarter of the TEN game. 2 passes, 1 crappy run that went nowhere, kick a FG. That is ridiculous. Any team that can run block punches that in. Next drive, similar situation. Willis scores on the perimeter, pushing a defender 3 yards into the endzone. That said, Willis is NOT LT, Larry Johnson etc. He's not elite. He's just very good. That's OK, and we can win with that. But try watching OL play sometime and not just the "guy with the ball" on each play. You might learn something about the game. Aside from your LT's and Barry's, most NFL skill position starters have similar talent. The game just is not won and lost with those guys. Whoever wins upfront will win the game usually, only turnovers can change that. Take Denver, for instance. They can run with whoever back there. Willis needs some thirty odd yards to be only the third Bills back with at least 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons. That list does not include Travis Henry.He also missed four games this year. So you want the next LT? Good luck finding him. We have MUCH greater needs than a peripheral position like RB.