The 'Muslims shouldn't be in Congress' debate: '07

It's not any locality's responsibility to enforce federal law, numbskull.

You say that like it's such a brilliant revelation. Of course it's the federal government's responsibility to enforce federal laws. But when the federal government ignores its responsibilities, local governments get to make local laws to deal with the resulting problems.

You say that like it's such a brilliant revelation. Of course it's the federal government's responsibility to enforce federal laws. But when the federal government ignores its responsibilities, local governments get to make local laws to deal with the resulting problems.

<_<

Really? When did local governments start creating laws to create probable cause conditions for tests of citizenship?

So how do local merchants create a citizenship test to avoid the fines for selling services to illegal immigrants? And how does a municipality create non-discriminatory tests for merchants?

This law is so wonderfully bad, for so many reasons, it boggles the mind.

Really? When did local governments start creating laws to create probable cause conditions for tests of citizenship?

So how do local merchants create a citizenship test to avoid the fines for selling services to illegal immigrants? And how does a municipality create non-discriminatory tests for merchants?

This law is so wonderfully bad, for so many reasons, it boggles the mind.

The community is/was desperate...they had to do something. I beleive the law was passed more to force the Feds to take up the issue than anything else.

Im assuming you live in an area not affected by this issue.

The community is/was desperate...they had to do something. I beleive the law was passed more to force the Feds to take up the issue than anything else.

Im assuming you live in an area not affected by this issue.

We are all affected by the issue in one way or another.

I have done my share of volunteer work with migrant farm workers not far from where I live, but they are seasonal and do little to strain public services.

If they were trying to get the Federal Government to take notice - that was an interesting strategy.

Don't get my position wrong, I do think the federal government has been long negligent in

its immigration policy/ enforcement. But a lot of this needs to start at the state and Federal level.

The federal government for the most part has tacitly approved illegal immigration. (which I think has been very shortsighted). But making poor laws is not a very good remedy.

My apologies. When you specifically said a locality was taking responsibility for upholding federal law, I thought you needed that very basic fact explained to you.