Two Words: DEFENSIVE TACKLE

BravinSeattle

Now that we've played our way to bottom half of the draft and out of the playoffs I for one will praying to God we can somehow get solid DT and OG via the draft and/or FA this offseason.

McCargo, Tripplet and Williams are not the answer -- they are all the same player and should be providing tremendous depth at one DT spot.

We need a physical presence at both OG and DT for this team to move to the next level. I believe even more than we need a 2nd WR or a replacement for Clements -- lets hope he stays.

With DT's Frank Okam (6-4, 320, Texas), Alan Branch (6-5, 325, Michigan), Red Barnett (6-4, 330, Texas A&M) and Kareem Brown (6-4, 310, Miami) in this years draft we should have an opportunity to grab one.

Its the OG spot that I'm more concerned about since the talent drops off considerably after Justin Blalock, who played OT in college.

I still think this was a great season considering how horrible our OL and run defense was and the fact that this was JP's first full year at QB.

The team has a tremendous potential but if we can somehow address our deficiencies on the interior lines we can finally realize it.

McCargo, Tripplet and Williams are not the answer -- they are all the same player and should be providing tremendous depth at one DT spot.

877090[/snapback]

O RLY? How much have you seen McCargo and Williams play in the NFL to base your decision? :thumbdown:

whats my belief?

877116[/snapback]

It's really irrelevant since it would be based on roughly the same amount of time watching the same players.

While that seems to be important to you it really doesn't outweigh the type of player they were in college and will likely be in the NFL.

This team needs to get bigger and more physical at DT, not quicker and more tenacious.

As I said, Tripplet, McCargo and Williams are essentially the same player.