Big reason we lost:

Tom

bull sh--.  Running game is not the problem.

877186[/snapback]

Not a problem? Usually when your star player averages under 4 ypc you have a problem. Outside of stats whenever your star RB doesn't make critical 1st downs in tight situations you have a problem.

We have a problem and it's lack of heart by McGahee. I didn't see Travis smiling with the opposing D after players like Willis.

Don't you miss the games where the RB just owns the field like Thurman could do? I guess mediocrity isn't a problem to you, it is to me.

Not a problem? Usually when your star player averages under 4 ypc you have a problem.

877218[/snapback]

2001 San Diego Chargers 339 carries 1236 yards 3.6 YPC

2004 San Diego Chargers 339 carries 1335 yards 3.9 YPC

Would you run THAT RB out of town for averaging under 4 YPC?

I'm sure you'd be seen as a genius for chasing Ladainian Tomlinson out of San Diego.

Some people simply don't get this game, and they happen to be the loudest. It's sort of pathetic.

Regardless, Henry played with fire as he always did. The one play called back on holding where he ran 50 yards makes me realize what a huge mistake it was getting rid of him. We need him back if it's possible.

Travis has heart, McGahee just doesn't unless it's the Jets.

877162[/snapback]

Stupid post. The holding on that play was why he got into the clear so fast. Notice he got caught from behind as always. Do you really believe McGahee somehow plays "differently" against the jets? Don't you realize our Oline dominates the smallish Jets front four? Have you not figured out that football is won and lost in the trenches? Travis had room to run because our Dline is less than stout. Our Oline has trouble run blocking except against very undersized front fours. Willis played with plenty of heart. Just not as effective run blocking as Titans had. :thumbdown:

Those that "do" get this game would never dream of comparing Willis McGahee to Ladanian Tomlinson. Willis is a decent back who is plagued by inconsistency.

LT gets first downs when needed for his team. So does Travis (we saw it in BUF and we are seeing it in TEN). Willis has the skills, that's for sure, but the consistency is simply not there.

2001 San Diego Chargers 339 carries    1236 yards 3.6 YPC

2004 San Diego Chargers 339 carries    1335 yards 3.9 YPC

Would you run THAT RB out of town for averaging under 4 YPC?

I'm sure you'd be seen as a genius for chasing Ladainian Tomlinson out of San Diego.

Some people simply don't get this game, and they happen to be the loudest. It's sort of pathetic.

877473[/snapback]

The point was to show that stats mean crap for a RB, it's how they run that matters.

It's not comparing LT to Willis, it's saying if the best RB in football can average under 4.0 YPC, anyone can.

Evidence that there are a ton of factors that go in to RB stats, other than the back himself.

Look at Travis, he didn't do crap before Vince Young showed up to spread defenses and occupy an extra player to spy him.