Some things will not die ....

Cynical

Linky

TIDE KEEPS ON ROLLING

No matter how often Dolphins coach Nick Saban says he is not interested in the vacant Alabama coaching job, the school will not listen.

A source close to the situation said that Alabama keeps on making runs at Saban and that it will not, under any circumstances, take no for an answer.

One NFL head coach even said he had been told that Saban was getting closer to accepting a job at Alabama, even though he has repeatedly and adamantly denied any interest in the job.

But each time he has turned down the school, Alabama has come back again and again with more lucrative offers. The school has some serious cash to throw around and it keeps offering to throw it Saban's way.

The question now is, does it have enough to lure away the big fish.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they probably do. The Fish are a disaster and the AFC East is going to be even tougher for them over the next couple of years - especially with their best players getting even longer in the tooth.

It won't surprise me at all if he takes the job. Good luck rebuilding THAT program, though.

I think they probably do. The Fish are a disaster and the AFC East is going to be even tougher for them over the next couple of years - especially with their best players getting even longer in the tooth.

It won't surprise me at all if he takes the job. Good luck rebuilding THAT program, though.

The Bama program? It would be a lot easier than most people think.

Certainly easier than LSU was. Probation is finally complete if I remember correctly.

In February 2007 if recall correctly. As side note, Bama has had full scholarships for the past three years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.