Al Wilson in the Pro Bowl and Not Fletcher?!

SD Jarhead

...I think that DeMeco Ryans deserves it more than London Fletcher, and it really sucks that both of them couldn't be named as alternates.

Wilson doesn't deserve it, but Fletcher obviously does, and what DeMeco Ryans has done as a ROOKIE in HOUSTON is huge.

872637[/snapback]

Ryans deserves defensive rookie of the year, bu not a probowl bid. he leads in tackles, but doesnt have the INTS, Sacks, or Defensive TDs that fletcher has.

A Pro Bowl MLB should come from a team that can stop the run.  That is a better stat than tackles, which pile up more and more the less you stop people.

872668[/snapback]

so true! Jax was on the field for 34 defensive plays (15+ minutes) last week against Tennessee. Tennesee's defenders were out there for 82 plays (44+ minutes). Not including the 2 Jax TDs, TN by definition got credited with 80 tackles. Jacksonville players accounted for only 34 tackles.

That must mean that TN's defense is better!!

I wasn't intending to disparage Mccalister who I agree is a very solid corner. But he's also one of the leagues most protected corners playing behind the talented and agressive front7 which he does, while Nate is one of the league's most exposed corner regilarly matching up against opponents top receivers and getting no help whatsoever from a front7 that never ever sems to get any interior push to force bad decisions and bad throws.

While I like McCalister, at this point in their careers he's nowhere near the caliber of player that Clements is.

872845[/snapback]

Nnamdi Asomugha deserves it more than either Clements or McAllister. He has seven picks and the Raiders have the #1 pass defense in the NFL.