just watched 1st half of titans' game

eball

sorry if these are comments repeated elsewhere...been out of town and have not had time to search posts.

1 -- too bad about henry, but he's played through bruised ribs before and he has several weeks to heal. this will get willis more reps -- not a bad thing.

2 -- bledsoe looked sharp and decisive. dare i say he looked "nimble" during the play on which TH was crunched?

3 -- mcgahee showed some real speed on the TD run. keep in mind he had to use his L leg (the injured one) to push off and cut with on that run. he's looking good.

4 -- coy wire continues to "unimpress" me.

5 -- mcnair/calico simply made a great play on tennessee's TD...vincent had very good coverage and even got his hand on the ball. if there's one thing folks shouldn't be worrying about, it's how TV will play once the regular season starts.

i guess i'll now see what the 2nd half has in store...

5 -- mcnair/calico simply made a great play on tennessee's TD...vincent had very good coverage and even got his hand on the ball.  if there's one thing folks shouldn't be worrying about, it's how TV will play once the regular season starts.

I'll admit that was a great play by Calico. However, overall TV didn't impress me. Early in the first, 3rd down and long (I think), they throw a short pass to the sidelines. TV goes inside towards the sideline to make he tackle and is juked (receiver goes back inside). Had TV gone back inside, he would've been able to push the WR out of bounds. Big mistake by a veteran, and the play went for some yards and a first. Hopefully he brings it in the regular season, but I was a bit concerned.

Clements, on the other hand, has been playing great MIHO.

CW

I'll admit that was a great play by Calico.  However, overall TV didn't impress me.  Early in the first, 3rd down and long (I think), they throw a short pass to the sidelines.  TV goes inside towards the sideline to make he tackle and is juked (receiver goes back inside).  Had TV gone back inside, he would've been able to push the WR out of bounds.  Big mistake by a veteran, and the play went for some yards and a first.  Hopefully he brings it in the regular season, but I was a bit concerned.

Clements, on the other hand, has been playing great MIHO.

CW

3971[/snapback]

good point. i think that was calico also. i guess we'll find out about TV in the regular season soon enough.

Guest Neophyte

What we have are two free agents who could step right in and play. Did anybody see jabari Greer and Rashad Baker play? I was truly impressed. I hope they don't hit the rookie wall. They would be playing well if they were second round picks IMHO. Donahoe/Modrak may have lucked out this year. Might make up for the MW problem. Remember a few years ago there was that tackle that went to Tampa Bay and Buff traded out from its pick and took clements, Henry and schobul instead. That was a good call. What was his name? Last two drafts have been so so. Maybe this year will make up for it.

What we have are two free agents who could step right in and play. Did anybody see jabari Greer and Rashad Baker play? I was truly impressed. I hope they don't hit the rookie wall. They would be playing well if they were second round picks IMHO. Donahoe/Modrak may have lucked out this year. Might make up for the MW problem. Remember a few years ago there was that tackle that went to Tampa Bay and Buff traded out from its pick and took clements, Henry and schobul instead. That was a good call. What was his name? Last two drafts have been so so. Maybe this year will make up for it.

4025[/snapback]

Very nice work on the veiled Kenyatta Walker reference, "Neophyte". Gotta get one of those in here every so often..... :w00t:

Archived