Catalytic converter stolen

BuffaloBud

Somebody once stole the windshield wipers along with the wiper arms off of my truck and replaced them with their old ones which were obvously the wrong size. I didn't notice until I was driving home, used my squirts, and the blade arms started flopping around. $70 a piece for new blade arms and $10 a piece for the wipers. If I could have caught the clown that did it, I would have ruined his year and then some.

Vehicle - Toyota 4Runner, late model

2 clean cuts - gone.

Apparently this is something that is "going around".  Some semi-precious material inside (platinum, rhodium and palladium).

Is it that bad?

863282[/snapback]

One of the local stations here had a feature on that. Crawl under in the dead of night, use one of those rechargable skil saws to cut it away, and they get an easy 20 bucks or more from the scrap dealers. They try to leave as much extra pipe as possible, so they can be sold for re-weldment on a vehicle...they get a better price for that.

Some dealership's new cars here got stung hard.

The new thing here is the thieves yanking copper piping out of new building construction sites... :thumbsup:

Many moons ago when I worked with Niagara Mohawk as a rigger's helper, some crumbs broke into our Sawyer Street facility close to the Huntley coal powerplant and cleaned off a whole reel of 3/4 inch copper cable.

Easier... On the SUV/ORV's... They sit high.

On my Jeep TJ... Everything is a breeze... Actually, I got to reach up to get to the oil drain plug... No jacks, stands, and squeezing in between the ground and vehicle... Just me and the creeper...

That is one reason why I like the Jeep ORV... Heck... Even changing the fuel filter is a breeze...

About the CC... Probably a breeze with the cordless Sawzall's and rotary tools out there!

Airbags are also a thing they like... Also, I think the Nissan's made it really easy to swipe xenon bulbs that were in the Altima?

Many moons ago when I worked with Niagara Mohawk as a rigger's helper, some crumbs broke into our Sawyer Street facility close to the Huntley coal powerplant and cleaned off a whole reel of 3/4 inch copper cable.

863372[/snapback]

That is a lot of work to strip that insulation off that cable? Or did they take the whole thing?

Especially, many moons agoooo... :( When thermoplastic insulation wasn't used... :P:P And the rubber insulation with many times the thickness of today's wire was the norm... :thumbsup::lol::beer:

ON the same note... Just a useless fact... That ONE wrap of electrical tape will protect up to 600v... :D