Underrated?

pBills

He's tied for the sack leader... many seasons in a row with 10+.

Tackles 32.0.

All in all he is doing his job.

863288[/snapback]

If by many in a row you mean two...then yes. I like the guy too. 6th Year, 3 years of double digits sacks.

Good! Sacks are nice, but sealing off or channeling the runs is a big part of a DE's job.

863359[/snapback]

Agree 100%. There have been differing opinions during the season on Schobel going to far upfield and whether this is a directive from the coaches or Schobel just not giving a sh-- about playing the run. Either way, it has been the cause of way to many big running plays this year.

Agree 100%.  There have been differing opinions during the season on Schobel going to far upfield and whether this is a directive from the coaches or Schobel just not giving a sh-- about playing the run.  Either way, it has been the cause of way to many big running plays this year.

863364[/snapback]

Yep. Somebody here a while back took a dim view of the B'gal's soon-to-be FA, Justin Smith...high pick without wazoo sack #'s etc etc etc...

He will get a decent contract from his next club (B'gals know they can't /won't pay big money for him...everything here revolves around the highest contract in athletics - Palmer's).

But he's a terrific overall DE. I think he's clocked 7 sacks, and linemate Geathers now has 10.

Not advocating the Bills go after Smith, ($$$), but he plays the complete game.

You guys forget that most of the big runs are right up the middle!!!  You see huge holes, the linebackers run to it, but they don't make the tackle and the backs are suddenly deep into the secondary.  How is this Aaron's fault???

863381[/snapback]

Watch the games. There are also plenty of runs going through the gap where the DE should be, put instead are upfield 5-10 yards looking for the QB. :thumbsup:

Yep. Somebody here a while back took a dim view of the B'gal's soon-to-be FA, Justin Smith...high pick without wazoo sack #'s etc etc etc...

He will get a decent contract from his next club (B'gals know they can't /won't pay big money for him...everything here revolves around the highest contract in athletics - Palmer's).

But he's a terrific overall DE. I think he's clocked 7 sacks, and linemate Geathers now has 10. 

Not advocating the Bills go after Smith, ($$$),  but he plays the complete game.

863388[/snapback]

I believe that was me Cincy.....and as a Missouri grad myself the last thing I would want to do is rip a former tiger (and the highest draft pick we've ever had). Truth is I've never been that impresed with J. Smith's play; I know it takes more than one player, but doesn't it seem that Cincy has always sucked against the run. My buddies and I were shocked when he was picked 4th overall and I just don't see it when people talk about how incredible the guy is against the run. Maybe I haven't watched enough of his pro career but IMHO Schobes is a much better DE than J. Smith.