NFL players playing fantasy football

bartshan-83

So here's a reason why I like FF. Last night was one stinker of a game. After the first half, you were screwed if you enjoy a close game and/or are not a Steeler fan. But I had the Pittsburgh defense on my roster, and they were pitching a shutout well into the 4th quarter. For that reason alone, I watched the second half (flipping back and forth between that and the Sabres' stinker) and saw Willie Parker set a new Steeler rushing record, as well as some nice plays on both sides. Pittsburgh gave up the late TD to rob me of some fantasy points, but I would have never kept watching without the FF component at play.

I think it's a poor argument to suggest that FF plays any part in "ruining" the game for people who just like to watch football. The antics that go on during ESPN's version of Monday Night at the Follies are a travesty, but throwing FF into that argument is ridiculous. Who cares if there's a stats ticker on the screen? I was screaming for more stats long before FF entered my vernacular.