Sit Down???

mvbillsfan

What has happened to the fans?

I was in for the Thanksgiving weekend and went to the Jacksonville game. I was told more than once to sit down. I simply ignorned and sreamed louder. If I were at an away site I could understand, but to hear that from a fan at the Ralph is SIMPLY nuts.

What's going on?? I can remember back in the day not sitting for the whole game.

Also 10,000 no shows pretty sad!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in for the Thanksgiving weekend and went to the Jacksonville game.  I was told more than once to sit down.  I simply ignorned and sreamed louder.  If I were at an away site I could understand, but to hear that from a fan at the Ralph is SIMPLY nuts.

What's going on?? I can remember back in the day not sitting for the whole game.

852316[/snapback]

If you are making choices to only stand at critical/exciting parts of the game, don't worry what others say. If you are one of those "I'm going to show my team how much I love them by standing the whole game," that's pretty annoying.

The most annoying guy in the section is the one who is constantly telling everyone to stand up. No thanks buddy, not on 2nd & 4 from the 40 in the middle of the 2nd quarter.

I was in for the Thanksgiving weekend and went to the Jacksonville game.  I was told more than once to sit down.  I simply ignorned and sreamed louder.  If I were at an away site I could understand, but to hear that from a fan at the Ralph is SIMPLY nuts.

852316[/snapback]

Maybe there's a connection between fan attendance and your stance on standing.

Personally, I am greatly annoyed by the folks who have trouble being seated. I'm not talking about the moments of elation where jumping up is appropriate and even expected....I'm talking about obtructing my view throughout the game, bellowing like a buffoon, and being a general nuisance to the people around you. I'm there to watch a football game, not some Neanderthal nitwit who's mommy didn't breast feed him and is now in desperate need of attention.

There's obviously no concern or consideration for those behind you who may not physcially be able to stand for long periods of time. No concern for shorter people of children who may have to constantly look for a crack between spectators so they can see the action below.

This sort of rude behavior is exactly why I am not rushing out to buy tickets to the game anymore. This year was only about the second in the past 30 in which I haven't attended a game. Maybe with age, I'm just getting more intolerent of boorishness, but I'm sure there are many who feel the same way.

For a family of 4 to go the game, it's an easy $200+ day. Why would I want to waste the money and worse, expose my kids to such stupidity.

And by the way - if you think it's ticket revenues from the young 18-25 year old yahoos, full of piss and vinegar are the ones going to keep the team in WNY, you're mistaken. An event that condusive to a wholesome family atmosphere is the only way the team will survive long term.

This is the attitude that has KILLED the game experience at the ralph.

Home field advantaged is partly gained from loud fans. 80,000 SCREANING fans used to make it very difficult for the other team.

We are not watching a movie on the sofa. If I want to stand and cheer for my team I should not be told to sit down. Get off your heated seat and cheer your team on.

Do us all a favor and order a sheet pizza and stay home.

Maybe there's a connection between fan attendance and your stance on standing.

Personally, I am greatly annoyed by the folks who have trouble being seated. I'm not talking about the moments of elation where jumping up is appropriate and even expected....I'm talking about obtructing my view throughout the game, bellowing like a buffoon, and being a general nuisance to the people around you. I'm there to watch a football game, not some Neanderthal nitwit who's mommy didn't breast feed him and is now in desperate need of attention.

There's obviously no concern or consideration for those behind you who may not physcially be able to stand for long periods of time.  No concern for shorter people of children who may have to constantly look for a crack between spectators so they can see the action below.

This sort of rude behavior is exactly why I am not rushing out to buy tickets to the game anymore.  This year was only about the second in the past 30 in which I haven't attended a game. Maybe with age,  I'm just getting more intolerent of boorishness, but I'm sure there are many who feel the same way.

For a family of 4 to go the game, it's an easy $200+ day.  Why would I want to waste the money and worse, expose my kids to such stupidity.

And by the way - if you think it's ticket revenues from the young 18-25 year old yahoos, full of piss and vinegar are the ones going to keep the team in WNY, you're mistaken.  An event that condusive to a wholesome family atmosphere is the only way the team will survive long term.

852350[/snapback]

I dont care what the others around me are thinking. I paid the same amount as them. I just remember seeing more fans into the game. To be told to site down is absolutely nuts!!

If you are worried about other people blocking your view. Get out of your heated seats or stay home.

Probaly better for you to stay home and eat a sheet pizza like most of Western NY...

If you are making choices to only stand at critical/exciting parts of the game, don't worry what others say. If you are one of those "I'm going to show my team how much I love them by standing the whole game," that's pretty annoying.

The most annoying guy in the section is the one who is constantly telling everyone to stand up. No thanks buddy, not on 2nd & 4 from the 40 in the middle of the 2nd quarter.

852319[/snapback]

852316[/snapback]

Was that you in section 202, above the boxes standing in the front row so that everyone else had to either stand or miss the game because about 6-8 of your group thought standing in the first qt. was cool.........If it was, then yes I am the guy that told your group to sit the F down so that me and my 8 yearold could see the game ...it was her first game and when you stand she can't see even if she stands..........get it?? I bet back in the day, you were probably standing at a PLAYOFF GAME which is probably a good reason to stand ......Hey guess what , it's not at a concert!

I tried to get about as much as I could out of every Bills game I went to. I'd show up early, drink heavily, partake in tailgating, throw the football, scream the Shout song, get into the chants of the crowd, etc, etc, etc....but I find it pretty damn annoying when some jackass is always standing up at every friggin opportunity too.

As much as I want to get into the passion of the day, I also want to see the game. Being 6'2", I'm usually not at a disadvantage anyway, but what I hate is when my eyes are glued to a particular play, and then right before it's completed the guy in front of me jumps up. Did he catch it? Was it picked? WTF happened??? That gets pretty annoying....

Standing up and going nuts is great, but continually blocking the guy behind you from seeing the action is pretty rude, IMO.

I'm all for standing and making as much noise as possible during the right moments.

There was plenty of that going on in 136. People generally stood on third downs or important situations while the Bills were on D. There weren't really any problem fans, just one kid who felt the need to direct and explain to us all just what affect our standing and yelling would have on the opposing offense :beer:

I will say that no fan should reasonably expect the civility and still of spectating a tennis match while at an NFL football game. Surprisingly, there are a fair number of those people out there and that is just wrong :nana:

See here is another one.

No I was in 232.

I could understand if some one was too small to see over. But thats a very small percentage.

I don't think teaching your daughter to swear and yell at these folks was apprioprate behavior as well.

A playoff game has nothing to do with standing. The team needs all the help it can right now. Really sad I have to argue this point. A football game should be just like a concert thats my whole point.

Please stay home and dont corrupt your daughter!!

Was that you in section 202, above the boxes standing in the front row so that everyone else had to either stand or miss the game because about 6-8 of your group thought standing in the first qt. was cool.........If it was, then yes I am the guy that told your group to sit the F down so that me and my 8 yearold could see the game ...it was her first game and when you stand she can't see even if she stands..........get it??    I bet back in the day, you were probably standing at a PLAYOFF GAME which is probably a good reason to stand ......Hey guess what , it's not at a concert!

852359[/snapback]

Simple --stand up then you can see.

As others have said this is not a tennis match....

I tried to get about as much as I could out of every Bills game I went to. I'd show up early, drink heavily, partake in tailgating, throw the football, scream the Shout song, get into the chants of the crowd, etc, etc, etc....but I find it pretty damn annoying when some jackass is always standing up at every friggin opportunity too.

As much as I want to get into the passion of the day, I also want to see the game. Being 6'2", I'm usually not at a disadvantage anyway, but what I hate is when my eyes are glued to a particular play, and then right before it's completed the guy in front of me jumps up. Did he catch it? Was it picked? WTF happened??? That gets pretty annoying....

Standing up and going nuts is great, but continually blocking the guy behind you from seeing the action is pretty rude, IMO.

852364[/snapback]

dude, i am about 60% with you on this one...but there is also a line you can't cross. if you're so jacked up by what you're seeing on the field, jump up and go nuts...that's you're prerogative. but just get out of the way before the next play starts. i agree with you that the crowds just aren't what they used to be and it's really a shame...but on the other hand, a little bit of good judgement goes a long way here...

See here is another one. 

No I was in 232. 

I could understand if some one was too small to see over.  But thats a very small percentage.

I don't think teaching your daughter to swear and yell at these folks was apprioprate behavior as well.

A playoff game has nothing to do with standing.  The team needs all the help it can right now.  Really sad I have to argue this point.  A football game should be just like a concert thats my whole point.

Please stay home and dont corrupt your daughter!!

852370[/snapback]

Next time I'll be with my buddy and when he tells you to sit, you will either sit, or he'll come down to your row and kick your ass just for being such an obvious ass-hole...but he does also like to stand when big plays are made, ect ect .....And how is a football game just like a concert,you can stand all night and I'll be able to hear the music. That isn't the case at a fooball game.....Hey, I like your stubborn attitude, it's always fun to watch you guys get the snot knocked outta you by that other stubborn ass sitting arow back.........to bad you weren't going to the games back when we could buy an extra ticket for our beerball, it would have been real funny watching the Buffalo cops take the billy club to your head....now those were the days.....

I am not talking about screaming the whole time. Physically impossible.

To see and hear whats going on is nuts. The fans at the Ralph are not what i have seen and been apart in the past. Very sad!!

dude, i am about 60% with you on this one...but there is also a line you can't cross.  if you're so jacked up by what you're seeing on the field, jump up and go nuts...that's you're prerogative.  but just get out of the way before the next play starts.  i agree with you that the crowds just aren't what they used to be and it's really a shame...but on the other hand, a little bit of good judgement goes a long way here...

852384[/snapback]

?? The more you talk the more you prove my point.

You better bring more than one friend.

Next time I'll be with my buddy and when he tells you to sit, you will either sit, or he'll come down to your row and kick your ass just for being such an obvious ass-hole...but he does also like to stand when big plays are made, ect ect .....And how is a football game just like a concert,you can stand all night and I'll be able to hear the music. That isn't the case at a fooball game.....Hey, I like your stubborn attitude, it's always fun to watch you guys get the snot knocked outta you by that other stubborn ass sitting arow back.........to bad you weren't going to the games back when we could buy an extra ticket for our beerball, it would have been real funny watching the Buffalo cops take the billy club to your head....now those were the days.....

852386[/snapback]

You cant make noise, scream, yell till your hearts content, stomp your feet while sitting down with the occasional rush to your feet with excitement? This way the right people behind you and up a row or two can enjoy the game too! :D

Maybe it is you that needs to stay home being the handi cap you are :lol:

I know for one I can make just as much noice on my arse as I can on my feet while being respectfull to those around me. :nana:

Sorry staying home eating a cheese pizza is not an option......but when I take my family to a game, it is a 12 hr round trip, plus another 300 for tickets.... I expect myself and my family to be able to see and enjoy the game.......Make all the noice you want! But it does get on my nerves when some drunk is standing up the whole game blocking our view, cursing, and ranting in front of my kids :beer:

But hey I guess we were just brought up different :P

Now thats fun sit in your seat. Oh no I can't stand up for some one behind me might be forced to stand up.

Being passionate fans has nothing to do with being drunk.

When the team was going to Super Bowls I saw passionate fans...Now I see fan complaining about someone standing up. Fans leaving before the field goal was made. 10,000 seats open on a beatifull November day. AND on and on....

Pay the money and get direct tv and stay home--you will save money as well....

quote=PacificCoastBillsFan,Nov 29 2006, 09:37 PM]

You cant make noise, scream, yell till your hearts content, stomp your feet while sitting down with the occasional rush to your feet with excitement? This way the right people behind you and up a row or two can enjoy the game too! :D

Maybe it is you that needs to stay home being the handi cap you are :lol:

I know for one I can make just as much noice on my arse as I can on my feet while being respectfull to those around me. :nana:

Sorry staying home eating a cheese pizza is not an option......but when I take my family to a game, it is a 12 hr round trip, plus another 300 for tickets.... I expect myself and my family to be able to see and enjoy the game.......Make all the noice you want! But it does get on my nerves when some drunk is standing up the whole game blocking our view, cursing, and ranting in front of my kids :beer:

But hey I guess we were just brought up different :P

852391[/snapback]

?? The more you talk the more you prove my point.

You better bring more than one friend.

852389[/snapback]

Hey keep standing for no reason because you paid your money ....guess what, so did everyone else and your rights end, where ours begin.........

And whats your point, that you paid and some how standing to make noise, scream and yell is some how more effective because you are standing the whole time....good luck winning that argument around here or at the stadium........

Now thats fun sit in your seat. Oh no I can't stand up for some one behind me might be forced to stand up.

Being passionate fans has nothing to do with being drunk.

When the team was going to Super Bowls I saw passionate fans...Now I see fan complaining about someone standing up.  Fans leaving before the field goal was made.  10,000 seats open on a beatifull November day.  AND  on and on....

Pay the money and get direct tv and stay home--you will save money as well....

852393[/snapback]

You just dont get it do you, my 10 year old son, cannot see over you, or my 12 year old daughter. So, they should be denied the oppertunity to go to a game and SEE IT because jerks as yourself think your the best fans around by standing up? :nana:

You should take your own idea, Get the ticket and you can stand infront of the TV all you want Heck get a 62 inch screen so you can think your on the field. :beer: