If the BE is so bad...

IBTG81

Word is Schiano is off to State College six seconds after JoePa walks.  But maybe not, cause it's a Jersey thing, right Ed?  We wouldn't understand.

851920[/snapback]

How many times do I have to explain it?

When Schiano says, "I plan on staying here for a long, long time", do you not get it? His wife also wants no part of any other area, and he is about to sign a 10 year, 22 million dollar deal with an enormous buyout. :worthy:

I do know though, that you are trying to rile me up, so... :blink:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BC, VT, and Miami couldn't slap teams around like they used to.

Coaches who have built a solid base in the Big East should stick around and wait for a job they want.  It won't take much to please boosters, and likewise, it won't take much to win 9 games or more each year against the other Big East powerhouses.  Bide your time with a few successful seasons and then upgrade.

851920[/snapback]

Hmmm, how did the BE do against schools outside of their conference?

Didn't WV destroy Georgia last year? :blink:

How many times do I have to explain it?

When Schiano says, "I plan on staying here for a long, long time", do you not get it? His wife also wants no part of any other area, and he is about to sign a 10 year, 22 million dollar deal with an enormous buyout.  :blink:

851954[/snapback]

I'm glad you believe him. Because, "I plan on staying here for a long, long, time" is not something that EVERY coach with one foot out the door has ever said.... :worthy: ...especially in-season with a BCS berth on the line...You really think he's going to announce that he's shopping himself???

And an enormous buyout provides some insurance aganist teams like Maryland and Illinois, but any amount of money is an afterthought for Penn State or Oklahoma if they decide they've found the guy they want, and especially if it's the guy the boosters want.

Did you notice that the 'written out' version of the headbanger emoticon could look like 'ballwash' is you read it dyslexically? :ballwash: instead of wallbash. Come to think of it, if we had a :ballwash: emoticon, Ed would be able to use it in every Rutgers and Schiano thread.

I'm glad you believe him.  Because, "I plan on staying here for a long, long, time" is not something that EVERY coach with one foot out the door has ever said.... :worthy: ...especially in-season with a BCS berth on the line...You really think he's going to announce that he's shopping himself???

And an enormous buyout provides some insurance aganist teams like Maryland and Illinois, but any amount of money is an afterthought for Penn State or Oklahoma if they decide they've found the guy they want, and especially if it's the guy the boosters want.

Did you notice that the 'written out' version of the headbanger emoticon could look like 'ballwash' is you read it dyslexically?  :ballwash: instead of wallbash.  Come to think of it, if we had a :ballwash: emoticon, Ed would be able to use it in every Rutgers and Schiano thread.

852000[/snapback]

:worthy::blink:

Just because the man has integrity, and I choose to point it out, I ball-wash him? Niiiiiiiiiice.

So that means that you know him, his personal thoughts, and his job ambitions which he doesn't tell the media/public?

852053[/snapback]

:worthy:

Things get said in the department. According to everyone, including the players, is that Greg has told them that he isn't leaving. He isn't one to say something and do the opposite. Brian Leonard and Greg are like father and son. Brian has even stated that he and Greg talked about it, and Greg isn't going anywhere.

But, you and smokin must know more than me on this one. :blink:

I'm not saying I know more then you, I'm saying you know less then you think that you know, as evidenced by almost all previous coaches who have left their jobs.

852067[/snapback]

Let's put it this way...If he leaves, everyone would be shocked (and he would be getting a divorce, because there is no way in hell his wife is going).

But, you and smokin must know more than me on this one.  :blink:

852065[/snapback]

I've never pretended to know more than you. You mentioned to me before that you worked in RU athletics so I assumed you at least have met Schiano. That would mean you probably have a better grasp of the situation than anyone else here.

I wasn't being snide when I said "I'm glad you believe him." I'm actually glad you believe him. I'm not being snide when I say it'd be nice if he stayed at Rutgers for a long time. It seems like a good fit.

I just think you are being naive. Even you must admit, there's a chance your judgement is clouded by working within such a positive experience this season, and your manlove for Schiano exploded, and everyone says, "This is the best feeling ever and it's never going to end!!!"

Looking at it from the outside, I see it differently. So does bluefire, and probably a lot of other people. He's a great coach at a mid-level program. 99% of the time, those coaches will upgrade. And 100% of the time, they say they're perfectly happy where they are and they have no plans of moving elsewhere before they do.

The "He's building a house/He's a Jersey guy/He says he'd never leave/His wife hates everywhere except Jersey" arguments do not convince me that he's not leaving. Of course he's not going to say he loves the Miami opportunity during the week of Rutgers' biggest game ever. If he does stay at Rutgers for the long haul, that's good for them, and will only mark the umpteenth time that I've been wrong. (And I don't think he's going to Miami; I think he's going to PSU after JoePa.)

Looking at it from the outside, I see it differently.  So does bluefire, and probably a lot of other people.  He's a great coach at a mid-level program.  99% of the time, those coaches will upgrade.  And 100% of the time, they say they're perfectly happy where they are and they have no plans of moving elsewhere before they do.

852086[/snapback]

That's the whole thing. He grew up in Jersey, and has stated numerous times it pissed him off when people would rag on Rutgers. When he first took the job, people laughed at him when he said RU could win a national championship. To him, going to Miami or anywhere else isn't a step up. It is a step back.

Again, Rutgers is smack dab in the middle of NY and Philly, each of which has no team to call their own. This market is ready to EXPLODE, and he loves the fact that it was him who did this.

Greg Schiano, :blink::worthy::worthy::worthy:

You keep posting this, but it doesn't change anything.

I wouldn't leave for Miami if I was Schiano either.  If I stay at RU I could get a much, much better gig.

852187[/snapback]

Haha, why doesn't it change anything? Miami was much better off then.

Maybe he can go to your three loss team. I'm sure he could improve those mighty mighty Longhoooooooooooooorns.

Haha, why doesn't it change anything? Miami was much better off then.

Because we don't know how Schiano feels about the Miami gig vs the other gigs in the country.

Maybe he can go to your three loss team. I'm sure he could improve those mighty mighty Longhoooooooooooooorns.

852191[/snapback]

Do you just like embarrassing yourself?

First: Go play in a bowl game.

Next: Go win in a bowl game.

Finally: Go win a National Championship.

Then come talk to me about the 'Horns.

Anyway, keep bringing Texas up as if it has anything to do with Schiano. It helps your point. Really, it does.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.