If the BE is so bad...

IBTG81

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Big East is so bad, a team coming off of a loss to the powerhouse that is South Florida is a 10-point favorite over potential champion, formidable Rutgers University. And the line opened at 7. I guess the entire gambling public also thinks Rutgers sucks. A BCS berth on the line and the public perception is that they're going to lose by at least 11.

Cue: Ed telling us that Slaton is fast, but Rutgers' defense is faster.

The Big East is so bad, a team coming off of a loss to the powerhouse that is South Florida is a 10-point favorite over potential champion, formidable Rutgers University.  And the line opened at 7.  I guess the entire gambling public also thinks Rutgers sucks.  A BCS berth on the line and the public perception is that they're going to lose by at least 11.

Cue:  Ed telling us that Slaton is fast, but Rutgers' defense is faster.

853122[/snapback]

Well, considering Pat White is hurt, Rutgers has an excellent chance of winning.

RU I think is 0-14 at WVU, so I think that's where the point spread is coming from.

The weather is going to be cold, with snow likely. That will only help RU.

I've said from the beginning:RU matches up better to WVU than they did UL. Rutgers has the speed to contain Slaton.

Yes they have, when Rutgers defeated Louisville.  ;)  :)

853168[/snapback]

..and then promptly proceeded to spit the bit against a 5-5 Cincinnati team playing their backup QB.

And I wanted to like Rutgers -- what Schiano's done is a great story -- but you're making it damn hard. Pretty arrogant for a guy whose school hasn't won a bowl game in, like, EVER, and who had a 25-game conference losing streak just a couple of years ago. (Thank God for Temple, eh?) Win ten games more than twice in school history, then get back to me.

Good God.  All this thread needs is a bizarre recipe from Ed, and it's complete.

Ed, the key to wisdom is learning from the mistakes of others.  Go take a gander at BF's death ride on the baseball board, and ask yourself if you REALLY want to keep this one going.

853261[/snapback]

or you could just Google retatta and see what the top matches are :)

Hmmm...What is the OOC record for the BE?

Discount it if you must, but don't be upset.

852342[/snapback]

I'm not upset but I will discount it. These results are from a website that I believe YOU posted in another thread:

6-0 vs. Conference USA- whose supposedly 'good' teams went to the Big Least.

6-0 vs. MAC- wow, impressive. By the way, MAC teams are 9-39 out of conference.

6-0 vs. D1-AA teams- wow! Another nice one. 1-AA teams are 7-71 vs. all D1 teams.

2-0 vs. the Sun Belt- strength of schedule! Sun Belt is 10-30 out of conference.

Oh yeah, don't let me forget, the Big East is 2-0 against the best conference in the country, the SEC:

West Virginia beat last place Mississippi State and Louisville beat middle of the road Kentucky. Is that what the Big East does? Sends their big dogs to beat the dregs of the major conferences, while the other Big Leasts beat up on the MAC and D1-AA teams?

Sorry to discount the wins, but....it's official...The Big East sucks. But don't worry, hoops has started.

This vendetta against the BE just to spite Ed for the last couple months is retarded and childish.  I'm sorry but every conference save from the SEC sucks; and WVU beat their champion in their backyard last year.

854395[/snapback]

Just to spite Ed?

:thumbdown:

This vendetta against the BE just to spite Ed for the last couple months is retarded and childish.  I'm sorry but every conference save from the SEC sucks; and WVU beat their champion in their backyard last year.

854395[/snapback]

:thumbdown::thumbsup:

Every conference save the SEC sucks? Well, this is true, they are the only conference to have 3 teams in the top 6. Oh wait, that's the Big Ten.

How good is the Big East? Do they have 4 teams in the top 25? No, that is the ACC and Big 12.

I don't think the Big East is terrible, but they certainly aren't this powerhouse (championed by the Almighty Rutgers) that Ed makes them out to be.

:thumbdown:  :thumbsup:

Every conference save the SEC sucks? Well, this is true, they are the only conference to have 3 teams in the top 6.  Oh wait, that's the Big Ten.

How good is the Big East?  Do they have 4 teams in the top 25? No, that is the ACC and Big 12.

I don't think the Big East is terrible, but they certainly aren't this powerhouse (championed by the Almighty Rutgers) that Ed makes them out to be.

854423[/snapback]

Whatever - I don't really want to get into semantics, but the last 2 months on this board is littered w/ the "BE is terrible".

Good to know that it's ok for Wisconsin to cruise to a good record & high ranking by playing only 1 of the only 2 other good teams in the conference and playing a joke of a nonconference schedule but Rutgers sucks when they do the same thing.

Miami (and yes, I know they left).

Your argument holds no weight, because they BE has a bunch of new teams.

It must suck to be a bitter Penn St. fan!  :thumbsup:  :P  :nana:

Maybe you should wear one of these... :thumbdown:

852324[/snapback]

Penn State wearing bags on their heads because Rutgers is 10-2 and PSU is 8-4 this year...and PSU coming off the heels of a BCS (no, not the Geico Bowl or whatever) Orange Bowl (something RU choked away from advancing to) win over FSU and ONE play away from going undefeated...not to mention YEARS AND YEARS of Rutgers being Penn State's B word...

Yeah, get me that brown bag!! :P:P:lol::lol:

Whatever - I don't really want to get into semantics, but the last 2 months on this board is littered w/ the "BE is terrible".

Good to know that it's ok for Wisconsin to cruise to a good record & high ranking by playing only 1 of the only 2 other good teams in the conference and playing a joke of a nonconference schedule but Rutgers sucks when they do the same thing.

854488[/snapback]

Fair enough. But I never said Wisconsin was great, and I'm sure you've noticed, then will most likely end up in the top 6 and not get a BCS bowl. People have taken note of their schedule.

The Big East earned a lot of respect this year (at least in my mind). But in our last post you said:

I'm sorry but every conference save from the SEC sucks; and WVU beat their champion in their backyard last year.

854395[/snapback]

Yes, WVU beat Georgia 38-35, but you neglected to mention that the other 3 BE teams that went to bowl games all lost. Plus in 2004-05, Pittsburgh won the conference at 8-3 and had the honor of getting trucked by Utah in a BCS bowl. In fact, since the split in 2004, BE teams have gone 3-6 in bowl games (with one of those wins vs. Toledo).

So if you can't see why there is a general feeling of doubt as to the prowess of the conference, then you aren't looking very hard.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.