Dear Officiating Crews...

IDBillzFan

And all of these reasons contributed to Mathias Kiwanuka not bringing down Vince Young because he was afraif of a ticky-tack roughing call (my words, not his).

850697[/snapback]

I call bullschitt on this. If you watch the play, it's more believable he either thought Young was going down or that he threw the ball. But for anyone, including him, to suggest he didn't follow through because he was afraid of the penalty is just making up excuses.

I call bullschitt on this. If you watch the play, it's more believable he either thought Young was going down or that he threw the ball. But for anyone, including him, to suggest he didn't follow through because he was afraid of the penalty is just making up excuses.

850746[/snapback]

So you think he just didn't want to finish the tackle? I would think if he wasn't worried about a penelty he would have tried to take vince down as hard as he could.

So you think he just didn't want to finish the tackle?  I would think if he wasn't worried about a penelty he would have tried to take vince down as hard as he could.

850750[/snapback]

No, my initial reaction when I first saw the play was he thought he DID finish the tackle and that Young was either going down with that power throw-him-to-the-ground move he made, or that he threw the ball. I tend toward the former because if my memory recalls correctly, he threw Young and then turned as though the play was over...as if to make his way to a pedestal so the world could lick his shoes clean for ending the game.

850746[/snapback]

But the two go hand in hand. If he thought Young had thrown the ball, then he thinks following through on the tackle likely causes a penalty. The problem here is there are so many ticky tack calls when guys touch QBs that its causing defensive players to let up; thereby, giving QBs chances to continue a play like Young did. I agree with a previous post - they should just put flags on the QB and leave it at that.

Also, for all those complaining about the celebration penalty, please don't bite the hand that feeds you. On that same play, there was clearly a blatant hold on Coy and Thomas was holding Parrish up - both (if called) would have brought the ball back and took the points off the board. IMO, we got off pretty darn lucky there and this is definitely a week we shouldn't be complaining about blown ref calls.