Since we can't get any sacks anyway

Believe it or not, I watch him in games too.  He does do well in run support!

Just because you say he doesn't, doesn't exactly mean it's true....and vice versa of course.

You and I either are not watching the same thing or your interpretation of the game of football is very different from mine (this is the nicest way I can think to say it).

When I say run support, I don't neccessarily mean stopping the RB after he has gotten through the line/LB's and Coy has to stop him. 

Good, because we all know Coy can't make that play

I mean when it's a running down, and Coy comes up to help stop the run. 

Yeah - and - time and time again I've seen him do this and miss plays. It is a common mistake of the Coy apologists to whine how he has it so tough because he has to play the mean bad safety position - the point is that if you constantly take bad angles, are out of position, and have poor on the field instincts - being closer to the LOS will not make all those problems magically disappear. It simply isn't the case.

When he's playing pass, and then comes up to stop the run, it takes him out of the play a bit.

WTF??? This is a little unbelievable - listen to yourself making aplogies how Coy can't make the play because he has to run up from the safety position??!!! Poor Baby. That's his F'ing job! This is the kind of crap that got me so tuned into watching him in the first place - people apologizing left and right for him not playing well and in the same breath saying how great he is. Unbelievable.

But even then, your claim that he sucks is just plain wrong.  Has he whiffed some tackles?  Sure, but who on this team hasn't?

Even though you say you've watched him I'm willing to bet you have not watched him as much or as closely as I have. He consistently shows the ability to be out of position, take bad angles, and miss plays. I do not think there is another player on the team with quite his aptitude for this.

It does not matter if he lines up at the LOS or 30 yards downfield - if you're in the game you are supposed to execute your assignment. If you can't - you shouldn't be in the game. Simple. Time and time again he has shown he can't execute the assignment he is on the field for - so he should not be in the game. Simple. Period.

As far as rushing the passer?  When I've seen Coy get pressure on the QB it is from speed rushes.  No, he doesn't pick up FB's and throw them out of his way, not a single safety in the league does that. 

? Not sure what your point is here. The name of the game is getting to the QB, however you have to do it.

So, PP came in to rush the passer in the Jax game?  How'd that work out?

If you saw the game you'd know it worked out great! He was only in for a handful of plays and was an impact player. I saw three times he got pressure on the QB - also got 1/2 a sack.